Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

jeddah/Riyadh schools

jeddah/Riyadh schools

Old Jul 24th 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

susan66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jeddah/Riyadh schools

Hi, Im British and was enquiring because I heard that jeddah prep, intercontinental school and some years in the american school are full for 2010 /2011...has anyone else heard this?
Does anyone have children in Riyadh attending international schools....are they full 2010/2011? Many thanks.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

ShawJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: jeddah/Riyadh schools

Hi, I have also been told by the Jeddah Prep and the British International that certain years are full for 2010-2011, not sure about the American school though.

I had planned to bring the family out in December but might postpone that now if I can't get my two children in.

Best of luck,
Jason
Old Jul 24th 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Please don't give up. Stay in close contact with the schools. There will be probably openings after summer. Sometimes families don't return after summer and quite often people get waitlisted in every single school, just to make sure they get a space.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Jason,

Thanks for replying...I actually read one of your previous posts re schooling...Even if they are full they'll probably have a long waiting list???
Not sure what to do I have 3 children to find places for......may have to move cities but which one?????

Take care.....if you hear anything pls let me know.

sue
Old Jul 24th 2010, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Dilmun..will do that.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by susan66
Thanks Dilmun..will do that.
We got our daughter into the britsh school in riyadh, to start in September. The applications opened in April (if I recall) and were pretty much closed within a week. Not all the applicants, even british kids, were offered a place due to "over subscription". I'd go there and speak to the registrar, and places may open up after the summer, as was mentioned earlier.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi thecentennial,

Many thanks for your reply........I am living in Jeddah but am prepared to move to a new city to get the schooling for the children for the new school term..I really need some answers now...
Old Jul 26th 2010, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by susan66
Hi thecentennial,

Many thanks for your reply........I am living in Jeddah but am prepared to move to a new city to get the schooling for the children for the new school term..I really need some answers now...
So if yoy're prepared to move to a different city why not look into Bahrain? Should be much easier there.
St. Christophers school
Bahrain School
Academically the standard is also much better than in Saudi.
Old Jul 26th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for your advice dilmun....will look into Bahrain.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

We are considering ourselves this option. We lived in Bahrain some yaers ago for 4 yrs and loved it. Life is much easier than in Saudi and there is also much more to do for the kids. And as I said before the schools are much better. Best choices there, St. Christophers and Bahrain School