Jebal Ali, UAE

Old Oct 12th 2010, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

zaf_1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jebal Ali, UAE

Hi,
travelling off to Jebal Ali, UAE on friday, going to be on a 6 month internship. first timer to the UAE. If anyone could give me a heads up on what things I could get up to after work- what are the functions and social culture of the expats here/locals?, local transport (will be on budget-cant get a car), I also need to get a local phone contract-recommendations?
much appreciated. X
Old Oct 12th 2010, 6:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jebal Ali, UAE

Originally Posted by zaf_1987
Hi,
travelling off to Jebal Ali, UAE on friday, going to be on a 6 month internship. first timer to the UAE. If anyone could give me a heads up on what things I could get up to after work- what are the functions and social culture of the expats here/locals?, local transport (will be on budget-cant get a car), I also need to get a local phone contract-recommendations?
much appreciated. X
ooooh well as ja is a freezone lots of large buildings with loads of factories etc, think it may be difficult with no car, is the metro station open there? local phone thats easy a wasel is what you need get anywhere nowadays pay as you go. if u are going to be out of the country for only 6 months what happens regarding your tax liability etc.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

zaf_1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busybee2
ooooh well as ja is a freezone lots of large buildings with loads of factories etc, think it may be difficult with no car, is the metro station open there? local phone thats easy a wasel is what you need get anywhere nowadays pay as you go. if u are going to be out of the country for only 6 months what happens regarding your tax liability etc.
they only pay me expense, so am exempt from the tax i think. I checked the metro is open, so it should be ok I guess. I wont phone outside uae much so a pay as you go is fine. just a little concerned about meeting people out there...
Old Oct 13th 2010, 4:26 am
home

Forsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to beholdForsu is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zaf_1987
they only pay me expense, so am exempt from the tax i think. I checked the metro is open, so it should be ok I guess. I wont phone outside uae much so a pay as you go is fine. just a little concerned about meeting people out there...
I think, Metro only goes up to Ibn Battuta Mall, from there you ride the bus or taxi to the FZ.

Install Skype on your PC, and add some credit before you get here.

Sign up with Du for the phone. Does not have excellent coverage but you pay per second.