Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Internet connection

Internet connection

Old May 10th 2008, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

Rachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of light
Default Internet connection

Hi all,

Want to get internet connected to my new apartment asap..... Been online at http://www.etisalat.ae/personal.html but don't understand what all internet options are!

Just wanted decent internet connection.

Someone told me i could get an internet/ tv / phone package from etisalat too but i can't find any details.

Anyone else done all this recently?!

Thanks,

Rach x
Old May 10th 2008, 6:27 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Internet connection

I just went into Du at DIC, chose the package I wanted and filled out the forms. So far the service has been really good. I made sure I got 1 meg broadband for Skype and I've had no problems with it.

You can get info on their packages here:

http://www.du.ae/en/athome/du-home-s...-services.html
Old May 10th 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Rachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of lightRachatron is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I just went into Du at DIC, chose the package I wanted and filled out the forms. So far the service has been really good. I made sure I got 1 meg broadband for Skype and I've had no problems with it.

You can get info on their packages here:

http://www.du.ae/en/athome/du-home-s...-services.html
Thanks hon, someone told me that Etisalat was better than Du......... not true?
Old May 10th 2008, 7:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rachatron
I think everyone has a different opinion so it's hard to tell which one is the best, but I've heard that Du is better for the Dubai Marina area - I don't know if this is true, but they've been really good so far for my broadband, tv and telephone package.
Old May 10th 2008, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachatron
Rach, you will be in the Marina so you won't have a choice.
You have to use Du for your internet and phone. If you want satellite (Showtime) that will also come through Du.
Old May 10th 2008, 10:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Rach, you will be in the Marina so you won't have a choice.
You have to use Du for your internet and phone. If you want satellite (Showtime) that will also come through Du.
I thought it was something like that!
Old May 11th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

alvin_dmello is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ,
Just go to one of the etisalat buildings (with a dome) and they will make you fill a form. give them the address and the DP number or any phone number in that building.

then they will give you a username and password. take that home and wait for their call which will come in 1 weeks time.

They will come and install whatever is needed.

All payments required will come in the monthly bill.

ADSL line 256kbps unlimited is for 149 AED a month. Thats the best for home.

Alvin
Old May 11th 2008, 10:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alvin_dmello
Hey ,
Just go to one of the etisalat buildings (with a dome) and they will make you fill a form. give them the address and the DP number or any phone number in that building.

then they will give you a username and password. take that home and wait for their call which will come in 1 weeks time.

Alvin
think I got 1MB for 249 AED, not cheap but I'll be downloading loads of stuff.
Old May 11th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alvin_dmello
Hey ,

Alvin
As Spugsy has already stated Marina = Du (with a couple of exceptions).

If you state your building then we can stalk you, I mean advise you which..
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

dalemcburnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Further to this thread, I should be moving into Marina Views Towers in the next couple of weeks, can anybody tell me who the provider is there, Etisalat or Du? and what my options will be? Don't suppose anyone has actually lived there who has 1st hand experience?

Thanks

Dale
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dalemcburnie
Further to this thread, I should be moving into Marina Views Towers in the next couple of weeks, can anybody tell me who the provider is there, Etisalat or Du? and what my options will be? Don't suppose anyone has actually lived there who has 1st hand experience?

Thanks

Dale
the Marina area is all Du.
no Etisalat
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:42 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

no Etisalat
Yeah.. I'm in the marina and its definitely Du...and no satellite dishes allowed on the balconies !
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:47 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

no Etisalat
are you Scottish now
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:10 pm