Insurance

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:26 am
Just Joined

justlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nicejustlooking is just really nice
Default Insurance

I am getting medical insurance with my position, however what does everyone do for car and contents insurance. How much does it cost etc.

Any help greatly received.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:33 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insurance

Originally Posted by justlooking
I am getting medical insurance with my position, however what does everyone do for car and contents insurance. How much does it cost etc.

Any help greatly received.
Car insurance is normally a percentage of the value of the car.

Rgds
JD
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you bring proof of no claims from home, most of the insurance companies here will accept it.

With full no claims I find insurance cheaper than the UK, which is a wonder given the standard of driving and lack of driving standards. Typically here it is 4% of the value of the car (before no claims) but it goes up for sports cars and, depending on the company, for 4x4s. That is for fully comprehensive. I am with Norwich Union (now Axa) and thought it was worth paying a bit more for a company whose offices I could find and whose literature I could understand. Plus, most of the people there speak really good English. I've had a couple of claims which weren't my fault and both were quickly delt with.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

We're also with Axa.
They are easy to locate... easy to understand.
Great service, as stated above.

The cheaper car you drive, the cheaper your insurance gets.
Love it.