ID card

Old Dec 12th 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: ID card

Originally Posted by busybee2
doubt they will do it now anyways if it is that close they will tell you to come back with new visa. wont help if you need to renew your car or anything like that in the meantime. doubt they will be able to get organised to cut any bills etc tho
I dont need to renew anything before march so should be ok
Old Dec 19th 2010, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

So went to get my ID card today- they are not accepting any new applications as they are overwhelmed until the new year!

Kind of ironic- went to a typing office which was closed as they are too busy- so they were all sat outside doing nothingLove it- no logic like middle eastern logic
Old Dec 19th 2010, 3:10 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
So went to get my ID card today- they are not accepting any new applications as they are overwhelmed until the new year!

Kind of ironic- went to a typing office which was closed as they are too busy- so they were all sat outside doing nothingLove it- no logic like middle eastern logic
Did you go to the On Time typing centre at Building 12 in Knowledge Village?
Old Dec 19th 2010, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

No went to Ajman the centre which does the whole lot and must admit the woman on reception was not only 4king rude but also completely useless! if ever a woman needed a bitch slap it was her!
Old Dec 19th 2010, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

DXBsocial is a jewel in the roughDXBsocial is a jewel in the roughDXBsocial is a jewel in the roughDXBsocial is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kittycat1
No went to Ajman the centre which does the whole lot and must admit the woman on reception was not only 4king rude but also completely useless! if ever a woman needed a bitch slap it was her!
I got back into work today after travelling last week and everyone is running around saying to get the application in before the 31st. If you don't and you come through the airport from the 1st Jan onwards there'll be a 5k fine waiting for you? Is that true?

If so I'm screwed, I am travelling again tonight until Wednesday and then heading to the UK on Thursday, flying back on the 1st!!!

I'll try and ask immigration tonight at the airport on the way out and let you all know what they say.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:14 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBsocial
I got back into work today after travelling last week and everyone is running around saying to get the application in before the 31st. If you don't and you come through the airport from the 1st Jan onwards there'll be a 5k fine waiting for you? Is that true?

If so I'm screwed, I am travelling again tonight until Wednesday and then heading to the UK on Thursday, flying back on the 1st!!!

I'll try and ask immigration tonight at the airport on the way out and let you all know what they say.
where you going tonight?
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

DXBsocial is a jewel in the roughDXBsocial is a jewel in the roughDXBsocial is a jewel in the roughDXBsocial is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
where you going tonight?
Islamabad, the joy's!!!

To be fair, it's not that bad, and has friendly locals and beautiful scenery, just the flights are at a ridiculous time it makes the whole trip a right pain in the arse sleep wise.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:40 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Islamabad, the joy's!!!

To be fair, it's not that bad, and has friendly locals and beautiful scenery, just the flights are at a ridiculous time it makes the whole trip a right pain in the arse sleep wise.
most airports in UK are in chaos
Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
most airports in UK are in chaos
Yeah just watching Sky News and it says they still are.

I'm heading to Heathrow Thursday night, fingers crossed it'll all be sorted by then.

As a newbie, will I get in trouble for going 'off topic' now and get my first cyber b*ll**ing???
Old Dec 20th 2010, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Apparenty they have said they will waive any fines due to the overwhelming number of people aplying. However who knows in this place!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

According to 7days poll 64% of peopel have not applied for and ID card....
Old Dec 20th 2010, 4:20 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

As a newbie, will I get in trouble for going 'off topic' now and get my first cyber b*ll**ing???
Its ok, you can say "bollocking" on here. And no, of course you won't...
Old Dec 20th 2010, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

HELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really nice

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I've been told that the deadline is 31st December. Is that true?
Hi, You go to one of the typing office; take your passprt, pay the 280Dhs (this includes 40Dhs admin fee) and you will avoid the fine because at least you've begun the process. You then receive a text message giving you your appointment (mine's late Januuary) where you will have to go to immigration to do fingerprints and such. Hope this help. But yes, the deadline to begin process is 31st December.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 4:34 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HELEN44
Hi, You go to one of the typing office; take your passprt, pay the 280Dhs (this includes 40Dhs admin fee) and you will avoid the fine because at least you've begun the process. You then receive a text message giving you your appointment (mine's late Januuary) where you will have to go to immigration to do fingerprints and such. Hope this help. But yes, the deadline to begin process is 31st December.
That sounds fine except many expats will want to hang on to their passports at this time of year. Being without a passport for several weeks is no joke. Fortunately we did ours straight after the Eid holiday.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

HELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really niceHELEN44 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lionheart
That sounds fine except many expats will want to hang on to their passports at this time of year. Being without a passport for several weeks is no joke. Fortunately we did ours straight after the Eid holiday.
No, you don't leave the passport at all - I did it three days ago, they took details and handed it back immediately - I fly myself later this week - no worries!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.