ID card

Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default ID card

I've been told that the deadline is 31st December. Is that true?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:27 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ID card

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I've been told that the deadline is 31st December. Is that true?
Hope not, coz the earliest appointment (according to my assistant) is 8th Feb.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
perfect. Just didn't want to get hit with 4 sets of fines.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

can you believe her?

deadline is when you renew your visa
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
can you believe her?

deadline is when you renew your visa
We got 4 new visas done 2 weeks ago
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:37 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

can you believe her?
No, but she has this hypnotic effect on me...
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

You've been in the UAE for a few years now. Why did you wait this long?

I got mine the first weekend it was formally announced in the papers, when the deadline was 31 December....2008. Got it all sorted out by end of October that year, before the madness began. Was in and out in twenty minutes flat.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:43 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

We got 4 new visas done 2 weeks ago
and when does your visa run out?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:43 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Ethos83

I got mine the first weekend it was formally announced in the papers, when the deadline was 31 December....2008. Got it all sorted out by end of October that year, before the madness began. Was in and out in twenty minutes flat.
Have you ever used it? I've been here over 2 years now and have never had occasion to use it (at least I've never been asked for it).
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:44 pm
Concierge

clevershite
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:44 pm
Concierge

Have you ever used it? I've been here over 2 years now and have never had occasion to use it (at least I've never been asked for it).
you might need it if you happen to be in Al Mullah Police Station getting criminal clearance, at any point in time ...
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

Never.

Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

and when does your visa run out?
3 years time.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

because:

1) I didn't need it;
2) It was almost impossible to get an appointment in AD when I tried in 2008/2009;
3) My government employer promised to organise it, then let us all down at the last minute (but agreed to cover fines which never came); and
4) I am now on a new visa.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 3:08 pm
Account Closed

Typical of the UAE.

When I went to the ID card centre on Hessa Street back in 2008, the building was so new that you still had to drive over unpaved dirt to get to the parking area, and this wasn't a flat area but one that involved a dip before rising up to the centre forecourt.

I drove past it the other day and noticed....the unpaved dirt is still there. Two years, eh? Just like all those incomplete roundabouts on Al Khail.

because:

1) I didn't need it;
2) It was almost impossible to get an appointment in AD when I tried in 2008/2009;
3) My government employer promised to organise it, then let us all down at the last minute (but agreed to cover fines which never came); and
4) I am now on a new visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.