Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hunting "Resort" to open near Al Ain WTF?

Hunting "Resort" to open near Al Ain WTF?

Old Mar 26th 2013, 5:19 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Hunting "Resort" to open near Al Ain WTF?

National

A one-night stay is expected to cost upwards of Dh10,000 (US$3,673), and will include the hunting excursion and use of the guns.
So, back to the early 20th century, lets kill animals.

I bet that there will be so much animals brought in/bred for the "resort", that it will be more like a massacre rather than a hunt.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against hunting as such, but this will be a massacre because the "hunter" will insist they kill something.

Those poor Oryxs etc.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:27 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hunting "Resort" to open near Al Ain WTF?

Better this than buying up the likes of Tanzania wholesale, kicking the hadza (one of the oldest people's on earth) off their land and conducting an uncrontrolled slaughter of anything that moves, or going to any of the "stans" and swapping your captive bred birds for wild ones to avoid cites regulations.

I hunt and would normally abhor this sort of thing but to be honest if this stops just one "hunting" trip to the rest of the world then from a moral and environmental point of view it has to be supported.

The people who will go here to hunt are the very sort we as a species need to keep out of wild environments and if that means animals are bred and held for their "hunts" then so be it. It's so much better than the alternative that it overcomes normal and usually reasonable objections.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:31 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

One slightly ironic thing to come from similar resorts around the world is fairly successful breeding program's of animals who are under immense pressure in the wild. South Africa for example has a hugely successful breeding program now in big cats. These resorts may actually end up saving animals from extinction. Now that's when you know as a species you really are ****ed up
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
I hunt and...
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:24 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by mentalist
Are you a vegan?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Are you a vegan?
Do you eat lion?

Tongue in cheek but just wanting to kill something for fun doesn't necessarily make you more superior than an omnivore.

My husband's family are all farmers, he's worked in an abbatoir and they have a pretty realistic attitude when it comes to the food chain, but you should hear them talk about people who just want to shoot to kill. They're not sentimental at all, but they definitely don't feel any respect for such pleasure seekers.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I used to shoot.

I enjoyed it, a lot. Not because I'm mental but because we ate what we killed - pheasants.

Nothing finer than biting into dinner after you've had it plucked and it's been hanging in the garage to find your own shotgun balls.

Killing to have a photo taken of you with a gun and a dead XYZ is just ****ing stupid, pointless murder
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:24 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I used to shoot.

I enjoyed it, a lot. Not because I'm mental but because we hate what we killed - peasants.
r
Corrected that for you chap.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:27 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by al dente
Do you eat lion?

Tongue in cheek but just wanting to kill something for fun doesn't necessarily make you more superior than an omnivore.
nor does taring everybody who hunts with the same brush.

My husband's family are all farmers, he's worked in an abbatoir and they have a pretty realistic attitude when it comes to the food chain, but you should hear them talk about people who just want to shoot to kill. They're not sentimental at all, but they definitely don't feel any respect for such pleasure seekers.
i hunt and when i do i cook for myself, family and friends with the end results or feed to the dogs everything i kill. yes its a pleasurable pastime but its most definitely not just "shooting to kill"

there is a huge misconception especially in the uk surrounding hunting game. the overwhelming majority of people who hunt are keen countrymen and women who are highly environmentally aware and have a respect for nature and death that most anti hunters do not.

unless you are a highly compliant vegan you partake in killing and cruelty to animals on a daily basis, that was my point.

If I go hunting, spend maybe hours stalking a quarry then kill and eat it I honestly believe that to be infinitely superior a way to eat meat than any trip to the supermarket to collect a nicely cellophane wrapped piece of meat that was reared in awful conditions.

the people who visit reserves such as the above are not hunters and i largely have nothing but contempt for them, i do however see it as preferable to the same individuals going out into the wilds and letting loose.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not wildly keen on hunting but I'd have to side with Shiva. A proper hunter who knows what he/she's doing is more ethical (and environmentally friendly) than people who simply buy meat from a market without any care for where the animal originally came from. Hunters at least acknowledge that animals are living creatures unlike those who treat it just as a form of protein that comes in a cellophane wrapped package.

But it does have to be a carefully controlled process.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:02 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I'm not wildly keen on hunting but I'd have to side with Shiva. A proper hunter who knows what he/she's doing is more ethical (and environmentally friendly) than people who simply buy meat from a market without any care for where the animal originally came from. Hunters at least acknowledge that animals are living creatures unlike those who treat it just as a form of protein that comes in a cellophane wrapped package.

But it does have to be a carefully controlled process.
And you reckon this will be the case?

I foresee blood thirsty Daktari wannabees shooting anything that moves, not caring whether it lives or dies.

The "workers" will then have the task of going around killing (or not) all the half dead or injured animals.

A carefully controlled process? Yeah right.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:30 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
And you reckon this will be the case?

I foresee blood thirsty Daktari wannabees shooting anything that moves, not caring whether it lives or dies.
And probably using AK47's or RPG's to do it.