Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Humming and harring over job offer in Abu Dhabi

Humming and harring over job offer in Abu Dhabi

Old Nov 10th 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Humming and harring over job offer in Abu Dhabi

Tell them you don't want the education allowance and instead to add the equivalent entitlement to your accommodation allowance (cost to company is same so they may not mind)...
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
Looks like a really good offer. I'd take it! And don't worry too much about accommodation, you'll find something. I don't know anyone in Abu Dhabi who is homeless...
you may find something but whether it is upto the quality you wish for is the key....some of the holes i saw were dire to say the least and there is definitely a shortage of good quality housing imo.....i would advise to definitely survey the area's you are looking to live in prior to signing up for a permenant place to live.

to the OP - imo you have a good package for a comfortable life in AD - enjoy !!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:46 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Processed beats
I am a single (but not for long) Mancunian who has received a job offer from an AD Govt entity as a contracts manager. Details are ;
Salary 26,000 AED per month
Housing allowance 170,000 AED PA or company sourced accomodation
Settling in allowance (one off) 47,500AED
No car allowance
annual leave 25days
1 Annual leave ticket PA
Joining and repatriation air ticket

The salary is about the same as I get in the UK and have'nt fallen for the tax free pitch in view of the inflation in AD;
I have 10 years experience and would like to know if this offer is reasonable ? Thanks in advance for any insight.
looks decent enough to me mate.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

good package - although would ask for 30 days hol, in line with most expat "entitlements" for govt entities/govt owned business. Make sure they also add that this is in addition to public holidays.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 10:52 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I am a single (but not for long) Mancunian who has received a job offer from an AD Govt entity as a contracts manager. Details are ;
Salary 26,000 AED per month
Housing allowance 170,000 AED PA or company sourced accomodation
Settling in allowance (one off) 47,500AED
No car allowance
annual leave 25days
1 Annual leave ticket PA
Joining and repatriation air ticket

The salary is about the same as I get in the UK and have'nt fallen for the tax free pitch in view of the inflation in AD;
I have 10 years experience and would like to know if this offer is reasonable ? Thanks in advance for any insight.
If you're not bringing kids or a non-working spouse with you that's a pretty good package - you will probably be able to save a bit of dosh as long as you are sensible.

Let me know if you accept and I'll introduce you to some of the other mad expats who live in Abu Dhabi!

N.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Processed beats is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again everyone,

Really appreciate the feedback and insight. Got a telecon arranged for the back end of this week and will definately be asking about the sourced accom

Gratefully,

PB
Old Nov 11th 2008, 5:05 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again everyone,

Really appreciate the feedback and insight. Got a telecon arranged for the back end of this week and will definately be asking about the sourced accom

Gratefully,

PB

Are you married?
Are you cousin to Musicbeats?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Processed beats is an unknown quantity at this point

The short answer is no to both.

Any idea if PC's or Laptops are more expensive in AD ?

Thanks again to all for the insight and helpful. Really appreciate it

PB
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea if PC's or Laptops are more expensive in AD ?
more expensive than where...? if you mean the uk, at the moment, with the crap exchange rate, you're defo better to buy one at home...

MM, xx
Old Nov 15th 2008, 8:01 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I love kasabian