Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to obtain a tourist visa for a friend

How to obtain a tourist visa for a friend

Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:24 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to obtain a tourist visa for a friend

I thought that this would be an easy question, but I am finding its not - or I am just having a very "dim" day today.

I have a friend who wants to come for a holiday to the UAE (Dubai). He would be staying with me or another friends, with maybe a couple of nights in a hotel at some point.

I thought the airline would help with his visa as he carries a Tanzanian passport, but nope, no luck. The couple of hotels I have rung will only cover his visa for the actual nights that he stays with them - so that leaves me with 8 nights roughly to sort out.

Looking online at the Dubai Government page, it seems to indicate that I can only get him a visa if we are related.

I am sure that this subject and therefore a solution has been posted many times, but I cannot seem to find an answer. How can I get my friend a 10 day tourist visa to Dubai.

Many thanks.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:26 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to obtain a tourist visa for a friend

Originally Posted by Tillybean
I thought that this would be an easy question, but I am finding its not - or I am just having a very "dim" day today.

I have a friend who wants to come for a holiday to the UAE (Dubai). He would be staying with me or another friends, with maybe a couple of nights in a hotel at some point.

I thought the airline would help with his visa as he carries a Tanzanian passport, but nope, no luck. The couple of hotels I have rung will only cover his visa for the actual nights that he stays with them - so that leaves me with 8 nights roughly to sort out.

Looking online at the Dubai Government page, it seems to indicate that I can only get him a visa if we are related.

I am sure that this subject and therefore a solution has been posted many times, but I cannot seem to find an answer. How can I get my friend a 10 day tourist visa to Dubai.

Many thanks.
Simply; get him to check into a hotel for the duration. Not sure you'll find an easier solution.