Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

How to entertain a nice girl for a week in Dubai

How to entertain a nice girl for a week in Dubai

Old Oct 19th 2010, 12:24 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to entertain a nice girl for a week in Dubai

And I'm impressed with us lot--5 1/2 hours now, and no-one's taken the piss.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
Your definition of 'nice'?
Doesn't shag on a first date.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Take her up the Burj Khalifa of course...
Originally Posted by csdf
I think Ethos83 made it perfectly clear that she was a nice, sweet girl.
CSDF - ladies aren't equipped with Burj Khalifas. Silly.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
CSDF - ladies aren't equipped with Burj Khalifas. Silly.
In my experience it depends very much on the lady.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:13 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Doesn't shag on a first date.
Bloody 'ell, didn't expect Corleone to be the one to pop the cherry on this one.

And so we now have a brand spanking new addition to English euphemisms: to take her up the Burj Khalifa. Sorry Ethos (not really, actually), but should that be b'd of f'd?--both apply to the state of the Dubai economy resulting in the re-naming, but which is it to be? Torn between giving the honour of chosing to Corleone or Ethos, but I'm sure both will (tacitly) decline.

Anyway--and this honestly--apologies Ethos for the minor hijack, I hope you have an enjoyable time.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

an overnight at the Mercure Grand Hotel would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.
I hate that place... never seen so many flies!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Do "nice girls" still exist these days?
sadly, yes they do.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:19 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
sadly, yes they do.
You gotta explain that. Surely nothing as base about them not shagging on the first date.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ethos83
So -

I have an old childhood friend coming over to DXB for the week in mid-November. She's a sweet, nice girl and I've always liked her (no dirty thoughts, people. She's the kind of sweet and nice girl that every likes. It's actually becoming a problem for her because she's turning into the woman that is so sweet and nice but no one ever takes too seriously. Think five times a bridesmaid but never a bride and you get the picture.)

Anyhow, although she had excellent marks and university degree she went against every sane advice and became a social worker and now works for Barnados taking care of chavtastic brats. So sweet of her! but it means she has next to no money and I intend to be generous and show her a good time (once again, no dirty thoughts. She's a sweet and nice girl!)

Any suggestions as what to do with a visitor for a week? I've got a dhow tour on the list along with a desert safari. We'll do the obligatory visit to Bur Dubai/Museum/Gold Souk. What else?
If you can be bothered with the drive - Grand Mosque in AD is fantastic. I've taken all of my guests there and everyone (including the tiler) appreciated it.

If you get there for 10am you can go for a free tour and ask any question about islam to the guide... we asked why they didn't celebrate Christmas (which isn't as stupid as it might first sound).

Go there, and then run down to the Intercon and have dinner at Chamas.

Last edited by Millhouse; Oct 19th 2010 at 4:36 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 6:01 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the advice, dear people. Some of them were rather brilliant - the spa bit especially. Never thought of that and I will explore that option more carefully.

The AD mosque could be interesting as I've never done it either. I was thinking of a drive out to the desert somewhere for a hour or so of dune bashing and if we combine that with a trip to AD, it'd be a long day but generally worth it.

So far:

Musandum dhow tour
Dune bashing - AD mosque tour
Day at spa (great way to occupy her when I'm at the office)
A friend's birthday party at a villa on the Palm J - a taste of decadent-young-expat-Dubai-hedonism
A day exploring Old Dubai/Deira/Gold Souk hell
Visit the Burj Khalifa/supper overlooking the waterfountains.

Not bad. Six out of eight days now planned. I presume she can spent the rest of the time hanging out at my pool/beach/shopping at the malls.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for all the advice, dear people. Some of them were rather brilliant - the spa bit especially. Never thought of that and I will explore that option more carefully.

The AD mosque could be interesting as I've never done it either. I was thinking of a drive out to the desert somewhere for a hour or so of dune bashing and if we combine that with a trip to AD, it'd be a long day but generally worth it.

So far:

Musandum dhow tour
Dune bashing - AD mosque tour
Day at spa (great way to occupy her when I'm at the office)
A friend's birthday party at a villa on the Palm J - a taste of decadent-young-expat-Dubai-hedonism
A day exploring Old Dubai/Deira/Gold Souk hell
Visit the Burj Khalifa/supper overlooking the waterfountains.

Not bad. Six out of eight days now planned. I presume she can spent the rest of the time hanging out at my pool/beach/shopping at the malls.
looks costly. I hope that you get what you are after...

AD tour is nice, don't do it on a Friday as they won't let you in. AD is miles from the 'dune bashing' type desert though. Nearest facility is over an hour out of AD.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:21 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

A strictly nice time with a nice, sweet girl. Nothing more. Pants firmly on the entire time.

Even if I wanted to I don't think I would manage to muster the...enthusiasm.

Well, maybe if a huge amount of alcohol was involved, but I genuinely have no desire.

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
looks costly. I hope that you get what you are after...
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

A strictly nice time with a nice, sweet girl. Nothing more. Pants firmly on the entire time.

Even if I wanted to I don't think I would manage to muster the...enthusiasm.

Well, maybe if a huge amount of alcohol was involved, but I genuinely have no desire.

I believe you can get pills for that
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:32 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Bloody 'ell, didn't expect Corleone to be the one to pop the cherry on this one.

And so we now have a brand spanking new addition to English euphemisms: to take her up the Burj Khalifa. Sorry Ethos (not really, actually), but should that be b'd of f'd?--both apply to the state of the Dubai economy resulting in the re-naming, but which is it to be? Torn between giving the honour of chosing to Corleone or Ethos, but I'm sure both will (tacitly) decline.

Anyway--and this honestly--apologies Ethos for the minor hijack, I hope you have an enjoyable time.
Ahemmmm....

Some of my drinking buddies and I have been using the 'Take them up the Khalifa' line for some time.....
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:33 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
[/B]

I believe you can get pills for that
Just be careful of priapism.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.