Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hotel Brunch

Hilton Hotel Brunch

Old Feb 13th 2009, 4:15 am
Just Joined

ooby dooby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hilton Hotel Brunch

Has anyone been to the Hilton for the jazz brunch ?? Thought i'd booked for Al Fanar, but when i rang to confirm last night, they said i was only on waiting list, awaiting any cancellations !!! But when i booked last week they said it was confirmed !!! looking at alternatives and would apprecaite any feedback.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hilton Hotel Brunch

so much for the economic downturn
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Eh ????
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ooby dooby
Has anyone been to the Hilton for the jazz brunch ?? Thought i'd booked for Al Fanar, but when i rang to confirm last night, they said i was only on waiting list, awaiting any cancellations !!! But when i booked last week they said it was confirmed !!! looking at alternatives and would apprecaite any feedback.
When this happens, tell them you will go "direct to the owners and complain - and can I have YOUR name please?".

They'll find you a table miraculously quickly.........
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
When this happens, tell them you will go "direct to the owners and complain - and can I have YOUR name please?".

They'll find you a table miraculously quickly.........
........... what I'm trying to say is that there's no 'waiting list' because they are not fully booked.

They simply want to create an aura of being busy, thriving, succeeding, etc........... and hopefully start to attract more advance bookings.

Won't work of course......
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks " the dean ". Really helpful. Tried ringing back but manager not answering his phone !!! just really mad that i made a reservation over a week in advance... and we were going with friends !! embaressing eh ???

Thanks for help.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:54 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Did you leave CC details to book. I was at al fanar last week and during the week they emailed me with a booking fee to secure my table.

It was fully booked.

I would still turn up early, so that gives you an hour and just cause a stink.

They will find you a table.

Oh and don't put your phone down on the window ledge!!!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Booked it over the phone. Said they would call on the day to confirm but hotel restaurants always do eh, so didnt think it unusual, until last night when they hadn't called! thats when i rang them! Spoke to the manager ,so see if a table miraculously turns up !!!??? Thanks for reply and if we do get there, will remember your words of wisdom and not leave anything on ledge..... !!!! ha ha
Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ooby dooby
Booked it over the phone. Said they would call on the day to confirm but hotel restaurants always do eh, so didnt think it unusual, until last night when they hadn't called! thats when i rang them! Spoke to the manager ,so see if a table miraculously turns up !!!??? Thanks for reply and if we do get there, will remember your words of wisdom and not leave anything on ledge..... !!!! ha ha
Al Fanar now requires a credit card to confirm the booking.

We c0cked up last weekend and turned up at the Sheraton Corniche for our brunch, despite booking it for the Sheraton Khalidiye. The manager was really helpful, rang his confirmed resevation list and found us a cancellation. The food was great, the price was around 180 AED each and I would definitley go back. Il Paradiso for the brunch and then round the corner for a few pints at the Tavern!!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Well. it all turned out great.... a really helpful guy called Max found us a table and a great time was had by all !!!