Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Gulf Media Propaganda

Gulf Media Propaganda

Old Feb 7th 2009, 7:30 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gulf Media Propaganda

Well since this stuff its getting funny now I thought I'd start a thread where we can collect them all in one place.

This one already has a thread but is a worthy start to a thread which I'm sure could prove hillarious.

If nothing else it should help keep the eyes of those who wish to move to the ME open

http://gulfnews.com/nation/Police_an.../10282898.html

"The reporter contributed to spreading a rumour that many people are greedy, envious and resentful about the economic growth of Dubai, he said."

""False statements on the market collapsing, as stated in the article, are nothing but incorrect rumours. If there is any disruption we will inform the media about it," said Lieutant-General Dhahi"

"We are not denying the presence of the global financial crisis, but what's been attributed to Dubai is completely false whether it is locally or internationally published. There is a fierce campaign against the reputation of the blooming city of Dubai.

I have clear and direct instructions from His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to be completely honest with the media."

more to follow.........
Old Feb 7th 2009, 8:29 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Gulf Media Propaganda

Are you sure the CID can't access this website Otherwise they will be knocking at your door
Old Feb 7th 2009, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiger989
Are you sure the CID can't access this website Otherwise they will be knocking at your door
Why? All the poster is doing is simply drawing to our attention an article saying that only eleven cars have been abandoned at Dubai airport. It's up to the reader to decide if the reported comments are truthful.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Why? All the poster is doing is simply drawing to our attention an article saying that only eleven cars have been abandoned at Dubai airport. It's up to the reader to decide if the reported comments are truthful.
How about the car you're washing???
Old Feb 7th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

yeah - that sort of logic and reasoning is common in Local authorities.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 2:32 pm

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

hehehe http://www.uaetorture.com/
UAE is known for its media control. I know this since I been raised in this bloody country.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Nickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really nice

UAE is known for its media control. I know this since I been raised in this bloody country.
Du blocked that site!!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Nickel
Du blocked that site!!!!!
Etisalat also blocked it but you can view it using this program I've attahced its a proxy breaker
Attached Files
File Type: zip
U91.zip (204.7 KB, 94 views)
Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

mydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond repute

strange web site. seems like he has a personal vendetta towards the Sheikh dude.
Just one thing I noticed though. He states that Jebel Ali port is in Abu Dhabi? If he gets a fact like this wrong, makes me wonder how much he really knows about the place. Jebel Ali is part of Dubai isn't it?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:38 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

its all ok, seems we were mistaken about the new media law.

"The new media draft law is "a significant step forward for press freedom and other civil liberties in the UAE,"

"the new law protects journalists from being sent to jail for carrying out their duties and instead imposes fines."

http://gulfnews.com/nation/Media/10283294.html
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:20 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
its all ok, seems we were mistaken about the new media law.

"The new media draft law is "a significant step forward for press freedom and other civil liberties in the UAE,"

"the new law protects journalists from being sent to jail for carrying out their duties and instead imposes fines."

http://gulfnews.com/nation/Media/10283294.html
And if they can't afford to pay the fine, we'll lock them up and throw away the key...
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

holy sh1t that is a bit close to the knuckle to be posting that
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Havent heard of internet posters being skull*****ed in the UAE yet... unlike Saudi. Best to use a VPN at all times when blogging on www.SheikhMoTorturedMe.blogspot.com
Old Feb 14th 2009, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Havent heard of internet posters being skull*****ed in the UAE yet... unlike Saudi. Best to use a VPN at all times when blogging on www.SheikhMoTorturedMe.blogspot.com

Not even a VPN will work on that site