hi there..

Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

novocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nice
Default hi there..

im really sorry to just barge into your forum and start asking stuff.. but im boggled at the minute..

im moving to dubai next month.. and im in a bit of a blind panic over it..

i really hate having to say this without knowing anyone.. so its kinda difficult..
im a gay woman.. usually this isnt a problem.. as i dont look it.. or really go out of my way to act it.. but at the back of my mind.. i know its going to be illegal to even be myself while im in dubai.. and to be honest.. that thought is worrying..

i was wondering if anyone had any clue as to what the situation is with "people like me" out there?.. are there any friendly bars? .. am i likely to get arrested/deported? .. how bad is it?

and also.. im going to be wanting to keep in serious contact with my friends.. or at least the ones that i mess about with online.. and i know the etisalat problem with the internet and censorship.. so i was wondering if i grovelled hard enough.. could someone please check out this site for me - http://brpicc.divamag.co.uk/binn/ult...?/forum/2.html .. and let me know if its blocked?

a slightly embarassed thanks people..

nk
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi there..

Welcome to the forum...

If you do a search, there was a thread about the scene out there, and also about certain services that aren't censored...but discretion would be key.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:47 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by novocainekarma
im really sorry to just barge into your forum and start asking stuff.. but im boggled at the minute..

i really hate having to say this without knowing anyone.. so its kinda difficult..
im a gay woman.. usually this isnt a problem.. as i dont look it.. or really go out of my way to act it.. but at the back of my mind.. i know its going to be illegal to even be myself while im in dubai.. and to be honest.. that thought is worrying..

i was wondering if anyone had any clue as to what the situation is with "people like me" out there?.. are there any friendly bars? .. am i likely to get arrested/deported? .. how bad is it?

and also.. im going to be wanting to keep in serious contact with my friends.. or at least the ones that i mess about with online.. and i know the etisalat problem with the internet and censorship.. so i was wondering if i grovelled hard enough.. could someone please check out this site for me - http://brpicc.divamag.co.uk/binn/ult...?/forum/2.html .. and let me know if its blocked?

nk
hi and welcome to the site. Like Bob sed.......... do a search and u will find a thread on the subject. As for that site........ am not in Dubai at the mo, but I doubt it wud be blocked......... seems innocent enough.......... current Dubai residents shud be able to help u though in the AM.

Enjoy the site.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

novocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nicenovocainekarma is just really nice

ello..

i did a search and came up with some gay threads about fish and marathons..
i am proficient.. oh yes.. <grins>

im still working on the net censorship thing.. that sounds like it sucks.. bigstyle.

thanks for the welcome
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:56 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

ello..

i did a search and came up with some gay threads about fish and marathons..
i am proficient.. oh yes.. <grins>

im still working on the net censorship thing.. that sounds like it sucks.. bigstyle.

thanks for the welcome
sorry if the thread went off track a bit........ that tends to happen on the site. LOL....... hence the e-pub, The Leaky Dhow, was born!

The censorship thing isnt so bad... really....... it cud be alot worse. Besides, if u live at one of EMAAR new communities in South Dubai, u can avail of EMAARS internet thru Sahmet, which isnt censored.

BTW......... EMAAR is one of Dubais major property developers..... 99% of their projects are in South Dubai.

Ur welcome for the welcome. LOL.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 6:18 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

That site is not blocked

Welcome to the site
Old Feb 20th 2005, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

ahh excellent!
thankyou SO much for looking for me..

i am figuring that i can do the whole not gay thing in public so long as i can meep and moan about it in private

im looking forward to moving.. its just a mix of whoooooo and ohmygodargh..
think im just going to concentrate on shopping and diving for a while.. sorted
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:07 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

ahh excellent!
thankyou SO much for looking for me..

i am figuring that i can do the whole not gay thing in public so long as i can meep and moan about it in private

im looking forward to moving.. its just a mix of whoooooo and ohmygodargh..
think im just going to concentrate on shopping and diving for a while.. sorted
as long as its not thaaat obvious and no ones complains about you, you are safe.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

nah.. im not obvious at all..
phew..
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:12 am
The Delivery Man...

nah.. im not obvious at all..
phew..
where are living now?
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

edinburgh..
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:15 am
The Delivery Man...

edinburgh..

coming here for work?
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

aye.. i have interviews lined up for march.. so im going to head over then and get to know my way around before launching into 9-5..
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:27 am
The Delivery Man...

aye.. i have interviews lined up for march.. so im going to head over then and get to know my way around before launching into 9-5..

Good Luck
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:30 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

nk
Funny how only guys have answered you so far nk LOL

Hi welcome to the ME forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.