Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hi NewGuy here in need of some advice.........

Hi NewGuy here in need of some advice.........

Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:09 am
Just Joined

ScottishTony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi NewGuy here in need of some advice.........

Originally Posted by Eva
You the professional in the family then?

Sunny Guvanite?- Dubai 's very like Govan....very cosmopolitan

Bet it is, the Govan market on a Saturday is something to behold trust me........
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
LOL! Still Game

More Rab C Nesbitt.......remember him..........
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Jebel Ali....hows this place this is where my bachelor pad will be....then I will be moved into a furnished villa at the companies cost and have my pick of schools....all seems well? anyone any opiniions on this?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottishTony
Jebel Ali....hows this place this is where my bachelor pad will be....then I will be moved into a furnished villa at the companies cost and have my pick of schools....all seems well? anyone any opiniions on this?
where abouts in Jebel Ali? its a bit out of town but nice though
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

where abouts in Jebel Ali? its a bit out of town but nice though

They were'nt that specific though they said it has a club, swimming pool, gym and bar so sounds good to me whats the drive like into Dubai.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

They were'nt that specific though they said it has a club, swimming pool, gym and bar so sounds good to me whats the drive like into Dubai.
sounds good to me too! Drive into the centre of Dubai would take a good half an hour - traffic pending of course
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

sounds good to me too! Drive into the centre of Dubai would take a good half an hour - traffic pending of course
Cheers BC getting a wee bit more excited about the whole prospect now.....initial fears are beginning to subside....god sound like a wean I have spent time all over the world so its not really that new, though I thought this time I came home it would be for good
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:25 pm
Concierge

Cheers BC getting a wee bit more excited about the whole prospect now.....initial fears are beginning to subside....god sound like a wean I have spent time all over the world so its not really that new, though I thought this time I came home it would be for good
if you have a good job and the right package you will have a great time out here
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

if you have a good job and the right package you will have a great time out here

Package seems to be good, as I said furnished villa for the me and family(when they arrive) choice of schools, full medical cover, car all expensed, and not too bad a wage.....seems like a good deal
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:46 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Scottish Tony?

You picking the funrniture without Mary Doll?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:47 pm
Concierge

Package seems to be good, as I said furnished villa for the me and family(when they arrive) choice of schools, full medical cover, car all expensed, and not too bad a wage.....seems like a good deal
it sounds great! now can you get my husband a job!! you better get onto the schools ASAP - all full with waiting lists. And I saw on another forum one lady who was going to have to home school as she couldn't get a place
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

it sounds great! now can you get my husband a job!! you better get onto the schools ASAP - all full with waiting lists. And I saw on another forum one lady who was going to have to home school as she couldn't get a place
Kids wont be with me for probably a year to be honest...daughter maybe 6 months...will see how it goes......
Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

What industry are you in mate?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
What industry are you in mate?
Construction mobilisation and others.........
Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Construction mobilisation and others.........
cool, plenty of work here then for sure. Lots of Scottish guys in your line of work actually meet up in the Lakes club at evenings. .for a pint and also at the Jebel Ali Club, which will be handy if you move to that area,

The lakes club is in Emirate Hills, that encompasses the Springs/Lakes/Meadows housing areas

These are all cool if you are working around marina/palm projects