Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Part time work or not in Dubai

Part time work or not in Dubai

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future
Default Part time work or not in Dubai

Is part time work available in Dubai, I am a midwife looking to come out with my partner but as we are not married I can't come out on his visa, I also have a 13 year old son, but ideally only want part time work, I am a midwife but work doesn't need to be in that area.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:35 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part time work or not in Dubai

I don't think an employer would go through the expense and paperwork for a part time employee - not sure, but tricky to find an employeer keen to do that I'd think.

It would be a lot easier and cheaper for a "marriage of convenience" if it was an option for you...
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future

Maybe a little problem there, he has been seperated some years but never went for divorce, now he wants one so we can get married, his ex is biting on the bit
Old Dec 4th 2007, 3:40 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you will have to work full time I am afraid in order to sponsor your son, unless you marry and your new husband can sponsor him. Is he your son's father? sorry to ask such personal questions but you need to know before you come. And yes you would get part time work here as a midwife, my friend is a nurse and she has just got herself a nice part time number
Old Dec 4th 2007, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

No its my son from my previous marriage, oh dear my partner has been led right up the garden path by the agency who told him it was sorted . I certainly cant work full time over in Dubai, nor do I want to leave a 35 hr job top go and work 46.
Thanks for the info, the other problem is my partner has put his notice in and will now have to withdraw it .
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by axlenoyl
No its my son from my previous marriage, oh dear my partner has been led right up the garden path by the agency who told him it was sorted . I certainly cant work full time over in Dubai, nor do I want to leave a 35 hr job top go and work 46.
Thanks for the info, the other problem is my partner has put his notice in and will now have to withdraw it .
Don't rush into doing that! there are ways round things. If you marry your partner then he can sponsor your son, you will need a letter of no objection from your first husband. I am pretty sure you will be able to get a part time job here. My friend was only here a month when she got hers, infact if you do come I can put you in touch with her.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:11 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Don't rush into doing that! there are ways round things. If you marry your partner then he can sponsor your son, you will need a letter of no objection from your first husband. I am pretty sure you will be able to get a part time job here. My friend was only here a month when she got hers, infact if you do come I can put you in touch with her.
her partner is not divorced....and his ex is throwing a spanner in the works...that seems to be the major problem at the moment and one that can drag on endlessly if the ex likes the power game...
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

You are dead right his wife is certainly playing the power game, it is not within here interests to divorce, my partner at the moment pays all the bils, the house is still in joint names,there are no dependants, she doesn't work and says she cant due to a disability, the list is endless, his seperation was long before we met but he has now been pursuing divorec without success for 12 months, its another year for the 5 year seperation rule!
I can't believe the agency told what appear to be blatant lies that were bound to be found out.
Can we turn muslims and marry over there, using the fact muslims can have more than one wife lol
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

You are dead right his wife is certainly playing the power game, it is not within here interests to divorce, my partner at the moment pays all the bils, the house is still in joint names,there are no dependants, she doesn't work and says she cant due to a disability, the list is endless, his seperation was long before we met but he has now been pursuing divorec without success for 12 months, its another year for the 5 year seperation rule!
I can't believe the agency told what appear to be blatant lies that were bound to be found out.
Can we turn muslims and marry over there, using the fact muslims can have more than one wife lol

I thought that if there were no dependants then it is the two year rule or is that just Scotland ???
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Two tears with consent of both in marriage
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Two tears with consent of both in marriage

Okay, guess it's wait till the five then, shame
Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:56 am
Concierge

this is exactly the position I was in 8 years ago, we paid the ex off in the end just to get rid of her
Old Dec 11th 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ok seem to have sorted the problem of the residence visa for my partner with the help of the company I am going to work for, i am told that you need to be employed by a company for at least 12 months before you can leave, however I am also told you can buy yourself out of the 12 months at 500dhs/month outstanding of the 12, can anyone confirm this, or see any drawbacks?
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:15 pm
Concierge

Ok seem to have sorted the problem of the residence visa for my partner with the help of the company I am going to work for, i am told that you need to be employed by a company for at least 12 months before you can leave, however I am also told you can buy yourself out of the 12 months at 500dhs/month outstanding of the 12, can anyone confirm this, or see any drawbacks?
but I thought you were looking for a job and he had one never heard of that 500 dhs thing before. Normally if you cancel your employment visa in less than a year you are banned by immigration for 6 months.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Yes what I am saying is his company is prepared to get me a visa by putting me on their books to allow me to get a visa but my partner says thats not much good because you need to work for a min of 12 months but the company says with agreement the employment can be bought out, so if it takes me 3 months to get a job then we would pay 4500 dhs to buy the contract out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.