Reload this Page >

HELPPPP thinking of moving to ABU DHABI

HELPPPP thinking of moving to ABU DHABI

Old Mar 14th 2011, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

naddi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELPPPP thinking of moving to ABU DHABI

Hi there everyone....

Hope everyone is well, I just had a few questions about working in Abu dhabi UAE and living there;

I am currently going to graduate in July in Biochemistry from the UK, I was born here but want to move to Abu dhabi as I have been to Abu dhabi a few times and have enjoyed my time there. I also have various work experiences in retail as all students do here. But I also own a catering business, therefore do have some experience.

I just wanted to ask was when should I start applying for jobs over there? What sort of Jobs should I apply for?
What will my annual income over there be like?
Accommadation for a single girl?

Cheers

Nadz
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:37 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELPPPP thinking of moving to ABU DHABI

If you are a single girl just about to graduate and with her own catering business already, why move to a place where women are treated as second class citizens? Seems rather odd to me.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

My to be husband lives there, thats why...
Old Mar 15th 2011, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naddi
My to be husband lives there, thats why...
Make him your husband first and everything (visas etc) will be easier. Perhaps you could get a contract with housing etc if you went independently but i'm not sure your work experience would really let you command any significant salary anyway.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
Make him your husband first and everything (visas etc) will be easier. Perhaps you could get a contract with housing etc if you went independently but i'm not sure your work experience would really let you command any significant salary anyway.
I agree with Al dente - get married before you come over. It will make life much easier for you.

As a new graduate single woman, you will struggle to find a decent paying job, especially if you are not already here and you have no previous experience. Plus sponsorship/residency visa's costs employees money and you are a more attractive option if you have residency via your husband. downside is that as a "second income" to the household, salaries tend to be less - alhtough married BE posters will know better.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies....but the reason I want to come and live there and work is to see how it is over there...I don`t want to rush into marriage, i want some experience of working there to see if it is worth moving from here to there.....

x
Old Mar 17th 2011, 5:29 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naddi
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies....but the reason I want to come and live there and work is to see how it is over there...I don`t want to rush into marriage, i want some experience of working there to see if it is worth moving from here to there.....

x
have you met your to be husband yet?
Old Mar 17th 2011, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

hey...
YES i have lol...

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF UAE IS A PLACE FOR ME TO MOVE TOO.....THATS ALL....AND WANTED TO KNOW WHEN PEOPLE WHO MOVED THERE...HOW DID THEY FIND IT...WHO WERE IN MY SITUATION.....
Old Mar 18th 2011, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, most couples that come here jump on in at the deep end with both feet. If they are not married, they soon are, as you will find due to the laws and culture out here, it makes life much easier for you. Plus the good, bad and ugly of life out here either brings couples closer together or drives them apart.

As an expat there is a certain amount of risk you have to take if you take on expat life wherever in the world you go to. AD is not everyone's cup of tea, but if you have been here on holiday a few times, you are ahead of most people that are considering moving here.