Reload this Page >

HELP! - Looking for accommodation in Dubai

HELP! - Looking for accommodation in Dubai

Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:09 am
Just Joined

rachdubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP! - Looking for accommodation in Dubai

Hi Everyone
Just got to Dubai a couple of days ago, in a hotel through work at the moment but looking for accommodation.
Would ideally LOVE to be in the Beach areas or otherwise maybe the Springs. Short-term would be ideal until I know the place better. Budget of max. 11k a month. Also open to sharing though my boyfriend would be over from the UK now and then so that would need to be ok with flatmates.
If anyone knows of anything could you let me know - my head is already spinning from looking at the various websites
Many Thanks
PS Thanks to everyone that puts info on this forum, you have got me this far!!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP! - Looking for accommodation in Dubai

Have you looked on dubizzle www.dubizzle.com or on the noticeboards of supermarkets in the areas where you'd like to live?

Good luck.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice

also try gulf news website - they have loads of places to rent
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

with you budget you can get a 1 bed apartment in the Marina or JBR.
Many people have a go at JBR and it is pretty ugly from the outside. but you can get great views, the apartments are decent sizes and the place is right on the beach.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:30 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachdubai
Hi Everyone
Just got to Dubai a couple of days ago, in a hotel through work at the moment but looking for accommodation.
Would ideally LOVE to be in the Beach areas or otherwise maybe the Springs. Short-term would be ideal until I know the place better. Budget of max. 11k a month. Also open to sharing though my boyfriend would be over from the UK now and then so that would need to be ok with flatmates.
If anyone knows of anything could you let me know - my head is already spinning from looking at the various websites
Many Thanks
PS Thanks to everyone that puts info on this forum, you have got me this far!!
I have a one bed, great view of the Marina, and pay around AED10.5K per month, gym, tennis court, pool etc, so like Inse' says you should get somewhere no problem in the Marina or JBR's for your budget

Why dont you come along to the quiz night on Monday's and meet a few of us, while you're at it....?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:38 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Why dont you come along to the quiz night on Monday's and get eaten alive by the men or put into one of those pies by the women, while you're at it....?
Sensible advice to a nervous newbie...
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Why dont you come along to the quiz night on Monday's and meet a few of us, while you're at it....?
so said the spider to the fly...

MM, xx
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

paul77 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can check on e-bay as well

Cheers

paul
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paul77
You can check on e-bay as well

Cheers

paul
Thats interesting!!!

Problem with Dubizzle is that you very very rarely get any pictures....same with Expatriates.

You'll defo get a one bedder on Marina for 11k a month. Saw a big 3 bed room share offered at either 5k for the small room or 8k for the master room.

Don't know why I'm looking mind....not even found an employer yet..
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
looks like the blind date thread gave him a kick in the rigt direction!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Thats interesting!!!

Problem with Dubizzle is that you very very rarely get any pictures....same with Expatriates.

You'll defo get a one bedder on Marina for 11k a month. Saw a big 3 bed room share offered at either 5k for the small room or 8k for the master room.

Don't know why I'm looking mind....not even found an employer yet..
8k for a room in a shared apartment is ridiculous!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:54 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sensible advice to a nervous newbie...
I know how intimidating this lot are....it was a hand of friendship....!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:54 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
Tell me about it.....Im still kicking and screaming inside the Venus trap
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:55 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
looks like the blind date thread gave him a kick in the rigt direction!
Ah yes, talking of good kickings.....
Old Apr 15th 2008, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah yes, talking of good kickings.....
that was just the reply I expected