Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Hello, my name is Becky.... and I'm having a wobble!

Hello, my name is Becky.... and I'm having a wobble!

Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Bexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really nice
Default Hello, my name is Becky.... and I'm having a wobble!

Hello all... .
Wow, I don't know where to start, at the beginning i guess.
My name is Becky and next Wednesday we are moving to the Granada Compound in Riyadh. I say we, thats me, hubby and 2 daughters aged one and three.
The wobble has come about as we thought we were going to be on the Cordoba compound and now we're going to be living on the Granada compound. I had managed to do a fair amount of research on the Cordoba website and found that it seemed ok for the kids. Now i can't find anything on the Granada compound, which is where you lovely people come in.
Is there anyone on here thats living there or has lived there? Whats it like? Are there any parks/ toddler pools/ preschools/ toddler rooms etc etc???
If it were just me and the hubby Id be as happy as the perverbial, but i need to know that there's stuff for the girls too.
Look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you soon.
Becky
Old Mar 17th 2010, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello, my name is Becky.... and I'm having a wobble!

Hi Bex, welcome to the 'bored'
I can't help you, I live in Dubai. When everybody wakes up I am sure they will answer your questions
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:27 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are already committed to moving there on Wednesday, my suggestion is to plan for the worst possible scenario and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised. If its owned by the same organisation, the chances are that it will be of a similar standard, so don't worry.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

think it's one of the good ones so you should be OK
Old Mar 17th 2010, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

emt14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Becky,

If you have the chance go and visit it before you move in. But as far as I know granada compound has all the basics that you would expect from a compound (swimming pool, sport facilities..). I believe it is mainly family oriented (no singles allowed to live there) and has quite few nurses on site (which might explain the former). It's only a few minutes away from granada mall and carrefour.
It might not be the most 'happening' compound but I don't think you should have any bad surprises there.

Good luck with the move,
emt.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Bexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really niceBexyboo is just really nice

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. We haven't had the opportunity to go out and visit. Hubby's work deemed that it was pointless as they could provide us with all the information (it turns out that the questions i asked about the children's facilities, they don't actually know and are now going to the compound on Saturday to find this information out!) (am a bit miffed that they didn't actually think to find this stuff out before the placed us there mind!!!)
Hubby has phoned the compound this morning and found a little bit out (there's no preschool on site, but there is one across the road etc).
I guess its a case of suck it and see...... as a previous poster said, expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised

Bexy
Old Mar 17th 2010, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bexyboo
they don't actually know and are now going to the compound on Saturday to find this information out!) (am a bit miffed that they didn't actually think to find this stuff out before the placed us there mind!!!)
Lol Get used to it darling..welcome to the Middle East!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 9:30 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bexyboo
Hello all... .
Wow, I don't know where to start, at the beginning i guess.
My name is Becky and next Wednesday we are moving to the Granada Compound in Riyadh. I say we, thats me, hubby and 2 daughters aged one and three.
The wobble has come about as we thought we were going to be on the Cordoba compound and now we're going to be living on the Granada compound. I had managed to do a fair amount of research on the Cordoba website and found that it seemed ok for the kids. Now i can't find anything on the Granada compound, which is where you lovely people come in.
Is there anyone on here thats living there or has lived there? Whats it like? Are there any parks/ toddler pools/ preschools/ toddler rooms etc etc???
If it were just me and the hubby Id be as happy as the perverbial, but i need to know that there's stuff for the girls too.
Look forward to hopefully hearing from some of you soon.
Becky
Shame about the Cordoba compound, i lived there for a few years and loved it.
I dont know much about the granada compound, only cordoba,arizona, phoenix and Sedar Village.

If your commited to make the move...try out granada then get hubby to push for a move. you normally find that if you visit the compounds in person you can get alot more done with the management!