Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Having a nightmare! need a villa!

Having a nightmare! need a villa!

Old May 26th 2008, 9:20 am
Just Joined

bjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Having a nightmare! need a villa!

Hi All,

im looking for Villa anywhere inbetween Dubai and Ajman (rather not sharjah but beggers cant be choosers!)

Our company is moving me to Ajman and the wife, kid and dog are coming along. Am I likely to have any problems with being allowed to have my Dog in the villa?

Does anyone know of any agents or are any of you looking to move or even sell?

Looking for July / August ish

Cheers all!
Old May 26th 2008, 10:22 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having a nightmare! need a villa!

what's your budget...
Old May 26th 2008, 10:27 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You sound unnecessarily desparate. There are plenty of nice villas on the Ajman side of Sharjah. Over there you can get a spacious 4-bed villa for the price of a 2-bed apartment in Dubai and you are near the beach, golf and shooting club etc. Just use the Classifieds.
Old May 26th 2008, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Hi Guys, thanks for replying.

Yes i am desperate, im trawled the internet, looked through Gulf News, spoken to "agents" on the telephone and havent really made progress.

I hope your right and there is a lot of them, but I cant find them?

Looking in the wrong places i guess, any pointerS?

As far as budget, my company is open to options but realistically anywhere between 100-160K. Obviously cheaper the better so long as its decent.

Hope someone can help!
Old May 26th 2008, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bjam
Hi Guys, thanks for replying.

Yes i am desperate, im trawled the internet, looked through Gulf News, spoken to "agents" on the telephone and havent really made progress.

I hope your right and there is a lot of them, but I cant find them?

Looking in the wrong places i guess, any pointerS?

As far as budget, my company is open to options but realistically anywhere between 100-160K. Obviously cheaper the better so long as its decent.

Hope someone can help!
lionheart,

my wife is a little worried about the prospect of Sharjah, will she have to modify her behaviour (which is mostly normal lol) i.e. clothing etc?
Old May 26th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

lionheart,

my wife is a little worried about the prospect of Sharjah, will she have to modify her behaviour (which is mostly normal lol) i.e. clothing etc?
depends... what does she normally wear? Miniskirts and strappy tops? If so then yes she may wish to wear a little more fabric when outside.

Behaviour? Is she prone to DUI and smashing things up? If so then yes she may need to temper a little.

Otherwise, just be sensible and don't expect pork scratchings with your beer and you'll be fine
Old May 26th 2008, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
depends... what does she normally wear? Miniskirts and strappy tops? If so then yes she may wish to wear a little more fabric when outside.

Behaviour? Is she prone to DUI and smashing things up? If so then yes she may need to temper a little.

Otherwise, just be sensible and don't expect pork scratchings with your beer and you'll be fine
Forget it - figured it out....
Old May 26th 2008, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jvr20

Lol, no no no, nothing like that, shes a t shirt and jeans kind of girl!

So, where are all these villas that need renting? Anyone?
Old May 26th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, no no no, nothing like that, shes a t shirt and jeans kind of girl!

So, where are all these villas that need renting? Anyone?
sorry, no help i'm afraid. I do live in Sharjah but I'm downtown in the flats and mixed-use area, never any need to venture out to the posh villa bits
Old May 26th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

have a look at the colliers site....not sure about that budjet but came upon this
Springs 15, Type 2E ( 3 Bedroom + study + maids), fully
landscaped garden back gate leads straight to the pool and
park excellent location. Dhs. 200,000/- 1 cheque
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Mikes643 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

im looking for Villa anywhere inbetween Dubai and Ajman (rather not sharjah but beggers cant be choosers!)

Our company is moving me to Ajman and the wife, kid and dog are coming along. Am I likely to have any problems with being allowed to have my Dog in the villa?

Does anyone know of any agents or are any of you looking to move or even sell?

Looking for July / August ish

Cheers all!
Bjam

Looks like I may be going to Ajman myself in near furture did you have any muck re avilla?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikes643
Bjam

Looks like I may be going to Ajman myself in near furture did you have any muck re avilla?

Hi to both of you!

Me and my hubby are currently in Ajman, we have been here for just over two months. We move to Dubai next week! We are both 27yrs old so our perspective on the place could be completely different to what you are looking for.

We are in a 3 bed apartment just next to the beach, it is massive. I dont know how much the company pay for the apartment. Dont get Ajman wrong, you still have to cover up here, ive seen very few 'white' people here and you will have to get used to the stares in the supermarkets and mall. It is very cheap here. We spend most of our time at the Kempinski, more so because i have not been working.

There are loads of villas around, again i would have said the classified in the Gulf News but to be honest i havent really been looking in this area. I will ask our security man downstairs if he can recommend anywhere for you to look.

There are no resturants around here and again there is really only the Kempinski to eat at. The Mall has a small amusement park inside along with the usual mcD's, pizza hut, new york fries etc.

There is alot of development happening here and apparently this will be a smaller Dubai once it is done but we are certainly a few years away from it.

Im just starting the trek to work in Dubai tomorrow, i will let you know how that goes if that is where you are working.

If you want any more info on the place please let me know.

Please be aware though this is no where near Dubai, you still have to be very aware that you are in a muslim country.

It is not somewhere i would pick to live but then again i am working in Dubai, we are just youngin's and alot of our friends are in Dubai, getting a taxi from here is a nightmare so that is why we are opting out of being here.

Good luck!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Mikes643 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the prompt response.

If you could find any info re possible cost of apartments/villas it would be extremely helpful. I believe they tend to advertise them with an annual rent as opposed to monthly as in the UK.

I asume the Kemplinski is a hotel complex or club?

My only real experience of UAE is Abu Dhabi - I assume Ajman is somewhat different? On the subject of transport I am aware in AD they are numerous - not so in Ajman?

Any thoughts on living in Ajman would be helpful - hopefully my wife will be joining me - and possibly a small dog!

Little bit older than 27 !

Regards