Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pets banned and evicted in JBR

Pets banned and evicted in JBR

Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Pets banned and evicted in JBR

People living in Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) have been told to get rid of all their pets by the end of the month. Angry residents in Bahar 5 building say JBR’s developer gave them a 30-day deadline to remove their animals at the start of this month. And it is believed dog owners in other towers whose pets have had complaints made against them have been written to with similar notice.

Briton Trevor Bondoro, 28, is trying to lift the ban on pets, which includes cats and birds, and has formed the JBR Dogs Association. He says he has spoken to 78 dog owners in JBR who have all received notice letters. “I don’t know if I’m supposed to re-home my dog, have it put down or send him home - it is inhumane,” said Bondoro. “Prior to investing in the development several of us were informed pets were welcome and Dubai Properties would in fact be constructing a dog park for the residents.

“This was the response most of us had prior to investing our money and securing units in the development.”
Bondoro added: “The reaction from people has been outrage because the rule applies to everyone, homeowners and tenants alike. “Everyone I know of in Bahar 5 with dogs has had letters - that’s at least 17 people. Now people in Rimal, Bahar 6, Murjan and Sadaf have also been written to.”
Marie Lepore, a 26-year-old Canadian, said: “There’s no way I’m getting rid of my dog. He is part of the family. It’s not fair because tenants asked before they moved in and were told they could keep pets.”

Fish are however, allowed to be kept. An official spokesperson for Dubai Properties LLC said last night: “The contract clearly states that pets are not allowed in Jumeirah Beach Residence. Increasingly we have been getting complaints that many residents are flouting the rules pertaining to pets. We are ensuring that residents who have pets get sufficient time to make alternative arrangements before the strict enforcement of this rule.”

http://www.7days.ae/en/2008/06/12/pets-evicted.html
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:04 pm

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pets banned and evicted in JBR

I take it these are apartments then?
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Yes
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

IG, MH beat you too it, lol...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542627

MM, xx
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by IndieG View Post
Yes
in which case I agree with it.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
IG, MH beat you too it, lol...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542627

MM, xx

lol - I did look for it on the main forum. In any case, even after reading the title I wouldn't have guessed that it was about JBR and pets!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG View Post
lol - I did look for it on the main forum. In any case reading the title I wouldn't have guessed what it was about JBR and pets!
hahahaha...but you know what a tease she is...

MM, xx
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:24 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Dogs in apartments...the howling when they are left alone - I suffered for two years because someone upstairs worked nights and the dog missed the owner and howled like crazy till he came home.

Dogs don't belong in apartments...I can't see what the problem with cats and other pets are though?

N.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk View Post
Dogs in apartments...the howling when they are left alone - I suffered for two years because someone upstairs worked nights and the dog missed the owner and howled like crazy till he came home.

Dogs don't belong in apartments...I can't see what the problem with cats and other pets are though?

N.
Cats should be able to come and go as they please - they cant do that in apartments. Agreed with the birds and such though, it is going a bit far.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra View Post
Cats should be able to come and go as they please - they cant do that in apartments. Agreed with the birds and such though, it is going a bit far.
not here though. Most cat owners I know never let there cats outside. lots of feral cats!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen View Post
not here though. Most cat owners I know never let there cats outside. lots of feral cats!
Oh, for Gods sake.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:47 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, for Gods sake.
You picking on cats again.......

Can we make this another cat are great thread.................
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by twinkle-star View Post
You picking on cats again.......

Can we make this another cat are great thread.................
I'm trying to stick for them on the fact that they shouldnt be cooped up indoors all day.

I like to watch them - I just dont want them near me or my house.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:52 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to stick for them on the fact that they shouldnt be cooped up indoors all day.

I like to watch them - I just dont want them near me or my house.
Mine are indoor cats better they are perfectly happy well fed and have loads of toys I stay in all week with them and dont go out much so am an indoor wife! We have a big apartment and they have the run of it with a huge climbing frame and their own bedroom and double bed with ensuite litter room!They livev better than many of the people out here!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:53 pm

I give up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.