Greetings

Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Blach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the rough
Default Greetings

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello and well done on a really informative site. The FAQ section is really helpful and being able to find so much relevant information in one place is great. It saves hours having to troll through the internet finding stuff.

After reading Face81's thread regarding so many guests I thought I'd join seeing as I seem to be spending so much time on here anyway and you guys seem to be in the know.

Basically, my current situation is that I live and work in sunny London and for a while I've been looking for a change of lifestyle. I visited Dubai about a year ago as my best mate lives there and I loved the place. Now I'm thinking of doing the radical and moving there myself.

My question is that my mate thinks I'm a lot better off trying to get a job from London before I move as the benefits and money is better. Unfortunately, everywhere I've asked doesn't seem to get me any further so rather cheekily emailed a girl who works for Lloyds TSB who'd moved to Dubai. She came back and said that getting a job while in London was really difficult so she decided to just go and try and get a job when she got there which she did within three weeks.

I was just wondering what you guys thoughts were on this? Would it be really difficult to find anything when I got out there?

Just to let you know, I currently work in the back office for an Investment Management firm and before that was at Lloyds TSB Stockbrokers and from what I can see Dubai has most of the big banks there as well as planning the Financial Centre.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Blach
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings

Welcome to the site

Well like your mate suggested...best bet is to come over for long holiday and look for a job, good plan would be to hit the recruitment sites with your CV, say you'll be in DXB between such and such dates to follow up, and then get over here, check the places out, and call up places directly because they get loads of CV's all the time, and if you show the commitment to at least go over there, then it'll show your serious, which is already a step in, then just a matter of keeping up a happy face until you get a job

Goodluck.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Singlemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of lightSinglemom is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blach
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hello and well done on a really informative site. The FAQ section is really helpful and being able to find so much relevant information in one place is great. It saves hours having to troll through the internet finding stuff.

After reading Face81's thread regarding so many guests I thought I'd join seeing as I seem to be spending so much time on here anyway and you guys seem to be in the know.

Basically, my current situation is that I live and work in sunny London and for a while I've been looking for a change of lifestyle. I visited Dubai about a year ago as my best mate lives there and I loved the place. Now I'm thinking of doing the radical and moving there myself.

My question is that my mate thinks I'm a lot better off trying to get a job from London before I move as the benefits and money is better. Unfortunately, everywhere I've asked doesn't seem to get me any further so rather cheekily emailed a girl who works for Lloyds TSB who'd moved to Dubai. She came back and said that getting a job while in London was really difficult so she decided to just go and try and get a job when she got there which she did within three weeks.

I was just wondering what you guys thoughts were on this? Would it be really difficult to find anything when I got out there?

Just to let you know, I currently work in the back office for an Investment Management firm and before that was at Lloyds TSB Stockbrokers and from what I can see Dubai has most of the big banks there as well as planning the Financial Centre.

Blach
Hello Blach!

Try sending your CV to DIFC (Check the website) and contact banks in the UK especially those that are applying for licenses for DIFC.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:20 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Singlemom
Hello Blach!

Try sending your CV to DIFC (Check the website) and contact banks in the UK especially those that are applying for licenses for DIFC.

DIFC : Dubai International Financial Centre
www.difc.ae

Welcome to the site
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:29 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the site
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:36 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:09 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nabs
DIFC : Dubai International Financial Centre
www.difc.ae
added to the faq an' all now
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:49 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

Blach
Hiya Blach. Welcome to the site. So that thread about sacrificing some of the guests got ur attention, eh? LOL

Like Nabs sed, have a look thru the difc website and like His Modship, Sir Bob suggested, get bucket loads of ur CV's when u do visit and send loads of copies to the major recruitment firms - see FAQ threads.

Ur comment bout sunny London is absolutely true! Am in London at the mo myself and I hate all this sunshine.... love the chill in the air though. its fantastic!

If u have any q's bout Dubai or Dubai related stuff, do not hesitate to post in on the site...... some of the members, when sober and in a sane mood, WILL be able to help. Or, you cud drop me a PM (Private Message) or an e-mail and I will be more than happy to help out.

Enjoy the site and thanks for coming out of the shadows.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Blach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the roughBlach is a jewel in the rough

Aaaaahhhhhhh this is the seond time I've had to type this reply out. I've jsut found out that if you preview a post then use the back button to amend something it deletes everything you've typed.

Thanks for the info guys I've just been on the DIFC website and registered my CV with them and they said a human resource rep would be in touch.

I also recieved an email today from Lloyds TSB saying they occasionaly get job postings for International Placements but unfortunately they have told me to keep an eye on the IJA jobshop which I have just found out is the local intranet site for internal Lloyds TSB staff so I can't access it.

Does anyone know much about Budge Recruitment? I saw their link on one of the boards here and I've registered with them and I was wondering if anyone had had any dealing with them before?

Face, I have to say that the sacrificing part put me in two minds about registering especially with the picture you posted! You might get a lot more new members by offering them a free beer or something instead of a human sacrifice .

I notice from your tag that your currently in Sunny (real sarcasm which you must have guessed) London but soon to be back in Dubai. Are you working over here?

Blach
Old Feb 17th 2005, 11:42 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaahhhhhhh this is the seond time I've had to type this reply out. I've jsut found out that if you preview a post then use the back button to amend something it deletes everything you've typed.

Thanks for the info guys I've just been on the DIFC website and registered my CV with them and they said a human resource rep would be in touch.

I also recieved an email today from Lloyds TSB saying they occasionaly get job postings for International Placements but unfortunately they have told me to keep an eye on the IJA jobshop which I have just found out is the local intranet site for internal Lloyds TSB staff so I can't access it.

Does anyone know much about Budge Recruitment? I saw their link on one of the boards here and I've registered with them and I was wondering if anyone had had any dealing with them before?

Face, I have to say that the sacrificing part put me in two minds about registering especially with the picture you posted! You might get a lot more new members by offering them a free beer or something instead of a human sacrifice .

I notice from your tag that your currently in Sunny (real sarcasm which you must have guessed) London but soon to be back in Dubai. Are you working over here?

Blach
Ditto LOL

Say that again
Old Feb 17th 2005, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Ditto LOL

Say that again
Jellybean - how the hell I've managed to post it twice I don't know.

First time deleted it

Second time duplicated it

Just Magic
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:54 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Face, I have to say that the sacrificing part put me in two minds about registering especially with the picture you posted! You might get a lot more new members by offering them a free beer or something instead of a human sacrifice.

Blach
Hello again Blach..... not sure if any1 has ever dealt with Budge, but they r prominently featured in the job section of major newspapers in Dubai. This wud, I imagine, make them a reliable choice. There r many, many other firms listed in the FAQ section. Have u thought about registering with more places? Might be a good idea.

We needed fresh blood and now we have some...... but sadly, u seem too nice and have far too many posts to be sacrificed..... when i say fresh blood, i mean 0 posts or 1 at most.... u r over the threshold now. lol ........ AND may I refer u to post #22 in the "24 guests" thread.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=284423&page=2

c??? I am quite nice aswell. heh heh

Yeah I am in London...... I noticed ur sarcasm, but it is honestly far sunnier here than i ever expected. And it has rained more often in Dubai than here during my stay so far..... which is just shocking!

If u need info in Dubai, I am ur man..... the one and only Oracle!

hmmmmmmmm.......... now perhaps i shud offer u a for coming out of the shadows??? lol
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Hey Face,

I really can't belive that you think its Sunny here. The last two weeks have been the coldest in a long time Even the penguins are wearing coats!!!

I take your point about the other agencies on the FAQ section and I'm going to email them today and see if I can get anywhere. I got a reply from the DIFC team yesterday and they said they we still under developme and that they'd keep my CV on file.

Seeing as your not going to sacrifice me I'm going to do a self sacrifice to the Beer God today as its friday!!!

When are you off back to Dubai? And what doyou do if you don't mind me asking?

Blach
Old Feb 18th 2005, 11:09 am
The Oracle

Hey Face,

I really can't belive that you think its Sunny here. The last two weeks have been the coldest in a long time Even the penguins are wearing coats!!!

I take your point about the other agencies on the FAQ section and I'm going to email them today and see if I can get anywhere. I got a reply from the DIFC team yesterday and they said they we still under developme and that they'd keep my CV on file.

Seeing as your not going to sacrifice me I'm going to do a self sacrifice to the Beer God today as its friday!!!

When are you off back to Dubai? And what doyou do if you don't mind me asking?

Blach
Unfortunately London indeed! LOL

Have sent u a PM......... and i did say that I wudnt sacrifice u. heh heh.

Enjoy ur drink and do join us at The Dhow for a drink when u have the time.