GPS System

Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default GPS System

I get my company car in a couple of days time,
and i am looking for info on a GPS System for the car.
since i have only been in Riyadh for a few days now, and havent a clue where any thing is, So if any one any decent ideas on which models, the price, and best place to buy one,
Thanks in advance
Old Feb 6th 2009, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GPS System

Why not get yourself a street map like everyone else?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by coffindodger
since i have only been in Riyadh for a few days now, and havent a clue where any thing is, So if any one any decent ideas on which models, the price, and best place to buy one,
Thanks in advance
Try the Garmin Nuvi series - any one is okay as long as its loaded with the GCC maps. Prices in Abu Dhabi start at around 1400 AED upwards. I looked into the cheap UK ones i.e. Tom Tom, they don't support the GCC maps.

From experience, the GCC maps are very good, I've used mine in Kuwait, UAE and Qatar with no problems.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

Thanks in advance
Try the Garmin Nuvi series - any one is okay as long as its loaded with the GCC maps. Prices in Abu Dhabi start at around 1400 AED upwards. I looked into the cheap UK ones i.e. Tom Tom, they don't support the GCC maps.

From experience, the GCC maps are very good, I've used mine in Kuwait, UAE and Qatar with no problems.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for that info. Is this system available in Riyadh??? if so where please.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew, great information. I am having trouble with my Garmin Nuvi 710. We bought it in Dubai last year with the GCC maps already installed and now we want to download the 2008 update but it says we cant because the first one wasnt installed properly, any advice please, thank you
Old Feb 7th 2009, 8:17 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Hi thanks for that info. Is this system available in Riyadh??? if so where please.
there's a garmin shop (http://www.garmin.com.sa/darmoja) just off king fahd street in a strip of shops that has a GMC and a hugo boss (). here's a map, good luck!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=15&iwloc=addr

(smack in the middle of the map near the corner of king fahd and al amir mohammad bin abdul aziz st)
Old Feb 7th 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Many thanks for this .
i will have a look later in the week.