Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Help! I'm getting kicked out of my villa...

Help! I'm getting kicked out of my villa...

Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Help! I'm getting kicked out of my villa...

...so they can renovate.

Is there anything we can do about it?
The landlord has given us a year's notice and will do "their utmost" to find us new accommodation. Oh, and he's a Nahayan....
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:23 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! I'm getting kicked out of my villa...

You are extremely lucky getting a whole year's notice. Most tenants here get only 3 months or less. My suggestion is that you start looking for a new place in about nine months time when rental values will be much lower than now.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:30 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
...so they can renovate.

The landlord has given us a year's notice and will do "their utmost" to find us new accommodation. Oh, and he's a Nahayan....
let's hope they can ..
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

You are extremely lucky getting a whole year's notice
Agree.

start looking for a new place in about nine months time when rental values will be much lower than now.
I bloody well hope so or we are f***ed.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:32 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Agree.

I bloody well hope so or we are f***ed.

How many years you been there?
Watch the dates...........and any condition that breaks the tenancy cos of renovation.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

...so they can renovate.

Him being Al-Nahyan and everything, he couldn´t find you a pad at Al-Bateen?..

On a serious note your landlords looks like a decent guy giving you a years notice and I wouldn´t be surprised if he actually gets you a new place to stay during the renovation. Not all of them are greedy f****** by habit..a mate of mine was in a spot of bother regarding his flat and a renovation and he ended up in his landlords very spacious villa for almost two years, rent free that is!

Mind you..the old guy had a heart condition and loved having a "live in" doctor in the house. His relatives also loved coming over whenever they felt in need of a doctor, and the children, and the servants etc etc.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:02 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Al Bateen.
I'd live there.Well nice.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

...so they can renovate.

nah he has given you more than required notice... but you should be given first choice back in the place once renovated. and obviously you cannot take him to court as i think you may loose
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks people.
We will have been here 3.5 years by the time we get kicked out. Dunno if that makes any difference.
We're on a compound. Say they get us another 4-bed on the same compound what would you say the chances are of us having it at our current rent (plus the 5% of course) and not the ridiculous rent for newbies??
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

if you change house even if its next door it will be a new lease... but it depends on the landlord of course which compound? as that may help knowing
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:40 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Are you saying there is a sliding scale for rents inversely proportional to the time in country?

If carling did rents..

Ps good luck, your LL sounds decent. It will work out
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

they would be paying me then for the amount of time in the country
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks people.
We will have been here 3.5 years by the time we get kicked out. Dunno if that makes any difference.
We're on a compound. Say they get us another 4-bed on the same compound what would you say the chances are of us having it at our current rent (plus the 5% of course) and not the ridiculous rent for newbies??
yes there is the rule that after 3 years market rents apply... so technically he could put up the price.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, have just found out that our whole row of villas are being seriously renovated - front door moved to back, extended and god knows what else so it's not just an excuse to get rid of us. As it's the whole row (12 villas?) i can't see us all getting re-housed though....looks like we'll be out in the big bad world of scary rents. Let's just hope prices have come down big time by next year....
Cheers folks.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

big bad world like the rest of us, and the ones that are loosing their jobs, just because they are a boss.

there defo will be more choice in ad.... because the al reef may be finished along with some of the reem etc... inshallah... but prices who knows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.