Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Got a job offer in Dubai - HELP !!!

Got a job offer in Dubai - HELP !!!

Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:41 am
Just Joined

MAKD is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Got a job offer in Dubai - HELP !!!

I have been offered a job in Dubai for only £2k per month plus commission selling real estates. The offer has no other benefits. I was told i should earn a min of £3k commission a month. Obviously my concerns are accomodation, commuting. The office is based on Seikh Zayed Road. can anyone offer any words of advice?? I have been given a week to come back to them, please help
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got a job offer in Dubai - HELP !!!

Originally Posted by MAKD
I have been offered a job in Dubai for only £2k per month plus commission selling real estates. The offer has no other benefits. I was told i should earn a min of £3k commission a month. Obviously my concerns are accomodation, commuting. The office is based on Seikh Zayed Road. can anyone offer any words of advice?? I have been given a week to come back to them, please help
So...... there is no relocation money, no housing allowance? Tell them to shove it if thats the case!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chris79
So...... there is no relocation money, no housing allowance? Tell them to shove it if thats the case!
is it not worth just for the experience? I am a Financial Advisor but the markets in the uk are not good hense looking to try something new. what do u do in Abu Dhabi?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:10 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

thats not loads, and out here to rent a place you need to pay the whole lot upfront in one go, we had to pay almost £17k, so you need a housing allowance definately.

I would keep looking mate, sounds too risky to me.

Do they not even pay for your flights over here?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

is it not worth just for the experience? I am a Financial Advisor but the markets in the uk are not good hense looking to try something new. what do u do in Abu Dhabi?
I'm a civil engineer working on the Runway Project.
Sorry, I didn't want to sound harsh but you will really struggle on that arrangement. The house prices to rent out here are very high at the moment and then you have to sort out travel while here not to mention kitting out your house etc.
I'd look into the offer a bit more. Surely they will provide you with some more than just a salary? Even if you manage 5k a month it will be a struggle to get everything over here.
Just so you know what to look for:
housing allowance, car allowance, medical expenses/insurance, relocation fees (not everyone gets this - I didn't), flights home (normally once a year)

Good Luck bud
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
thats not loads, and out here to rent a place you need to pay the whole lot upfront in one go, we had to pay almost £17k, so you need a housing allowance definately.

I would keep looking mate, sounds too risky to me.

Do they not even pay for your flights over here?
they could always go down the shared housing route. plenty available on monthly payment terms
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:13 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a civil engineer working on the Runway Project.
Sorry, I didn't want to sound harsh but you will really struggle on that arrangement. The house prices to rent out here are very high at the moment and then you have to sort out travel while here not to mention kitting out your house etc.
I'd look into the offer a bit more. Surely they will provide you with some more than just a salary? Even if you manage 5k a month it will be a struggle to get everything over here.
Just so you know what to look for:
housing allowance, car allowance, medical expenses/insurance, relocation fees (not everyone gets this - I didn't), flights home (normally once a year)

Good Luck bud
"Even if you manage 5k a month it will be a struggle to get everything over here."

Jesus where do you live? In a palace?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

"Even if you manage 5k a month it will be a struggle to get everything over here."

I mean to be able to kit everything out from the very start. Once your settled and got your car and house your ok. It's a bloody good wage then
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Got a job offer in Dubai - HELP !!!

Thanks Chris, i am seeing the CEO tomorrow to tell him about my findings of the place and see if they will change the offer. Thanks for your help, i see you from Preston, i am based in Bolton, i currently run my own business with 8 mortgage advisor's and as the markets are down and will be for the next year and half hence i am thinking of a change. Speak to you soon, thanks again.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:24 pm
why ayeeeee man!

I mean to be able to kit everything out from the very start. Once your settled and got your car and house your ok. It's a bloody good wage then
ah right, I don't drive but we've managed to fill the house after spending about dir 35,000, I guess a car on top wouldbe a lot more.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

ah right, I don't drive but we've managed to fill the house after spending about dir 35,000, I guess a car on top wouldbe a lot more.
But you got your housing allowance etc?
I think it would be virtually impossible to try and set up from scratch with no financial help unless you had a nice little nestegg of your own.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Chris, i am seeing the CEO tomorrow to tell him about my findings of the place and see if they will change the offer. Thanks for your help, i see you from Preston, i am based in Bolton, i currently run my own business with 8 mortgage advisor's and as the markets are down and will be for the next year and half hence i am thinking of a change. Speak to you soon, thanks again.
Nice one bud, just down the road from me! Bring some greggs pasty's and some butter pies out for me! lol
Let us know how you get on
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:33 pm
why ayeeeee man!

But you got your housing allowance etc?
I think it would be virtually impossible to try and set up from scratch with no financial help unless you had a nice little nestegg of your own.
yeah we both got it, otherwise we'd be living in a box somewhere.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Nice one bud, just down the road from me! Bring some greggs pasty's and some butter pies out for me! lol
Let us know how you get on
i certainly would do if i am allowed to. please keep in touch +7957 267 091 take care and thanks for the advice
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your comments and help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.