Good Nurseries

Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

pafrrak is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Good Nurseries

Hi, I've just moved to Dubai (Mirdif) from Scotland with my husband and kids and have just been offered a job in Sheikh Zayed Road at interchange 2. Can anyone advise of any good nurseries in the area for children 6 months and 19 months. Looking for opening times of 0800 to 1700. Would be grateful for some recommendations and feedback. Thanks.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Nurseries

omg, 6 and 19 months old...are you mad, lol...

there aren't that many nurseries that take 6 month olds, but i know there are a few, hopefully someone else will be able to give you some suggestions...also take a look at http://www.dubaikidz.biz/nurseriesdubai.html which gives some good info on the various nurseries...

oh, and welcome to the board!

MM, xx

Last edited by Madam Medusa; Nov 20th 2007 at 6:11 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Hi MM

Will have a look at the website when I get 10 seconds. At least never a dull moment. Thanks very much.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:55 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pafrrak
Hi MM

Will have a look at the website when I get 10 seconds. At least never a dull moment. Thanks very much.
Don't forget that most nurseries seem to stick to the schoolholiday schedule..so that means you'll have a lot of days that you'll need to find another solution for...and I mean A LOT OF DAYS...
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info. So what happens during the holiday periods? Ar there any nurseries that open during these times?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:06 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pafrrak
Thanks for the info. So what happens during the holiday periods? Ar there any nurseries that open during these times?
No idea...there must be some that are, but a lot are not.
The one mine went to, closed for all the schoolholidays and was partly closed during the summerholiday, which lasts about 10 weeks...furthermore, a lot of the nurseries have opening hours until about 3 in the afternoon...it's not like back home, although I am from Holland, so not sure what the situation is in the UK. In Holland they are always open, apart from Xmasday, Easter and a few other official holidays, plus the openinghours are much longer.
Here they don't primarily seem to cater for working mums, but more like a playschool type of thing...
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
No idea...there must be some that are, but a lot are not.
The one mine went to, closed for all the schoolholidays and was partly closed during the summerholiday, which lasts about 10 weeks...furthermore, a lot of the nurseries have opening hours until about 3 in the afternoon...it's not like back home, although I am from Holland, so not sure what the situation is in the UK. In Holland they are always open, apart from Xmasday, Easter and a few other official holidays, plus the openinghours are much longer.
Here they don't primarily seem to cater for working mums, but more like a playschool type of thing...
uk system is the same as holland...

nurseries here have summer/easter camps, but only for part of the holidays. There are nurseries that run for the whole day, you'll need to do your research to find the relevant ones though...

MM, xx