Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

College Basketball (NCAA)??

College Basketball (NCAA)??

Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

pedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nice
Default College Basketball (NCAA)??

Does anyone know of a place in Abu Dhabi that televises NCAA (American) college basketball??? I relocate to AD this weekend and I hope I can get my fix of B-ball! Typically in other countries I've lived, you could get ESPN on your cable, but they often don't show these games. Maybe there is a sports type bar in Abu Dhabi that picks up the games on satalite? Obviously they would need to be delayed taped because of the time differences. Thanks!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: College Basketball (NCAA)??

Originally Posted by pedersenislands
Does anyone know of a place in Abu Dhabi that televises NCAA (American) college basketball??? I relocate to AD this weekend and I hope I can get my fix of B-ball! Typically in other countries I've lived, you could get ESPN on your cable, but they often don't show these games. Maybe there is a sports type bar in Abu Dhabi that picks up the games on satalite? Obviously they would need to be delayed taped because of the time differences. Thanks!
Tape-delayed? No they are often on live (early-morning UAE time, Fox Sports I think) but college football is more usually shown.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

pedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nicepedersenislands is just really nice

Well at least some college football will hopefully satisfy my needs! Is it a ridiculas thought to envision "sports-type" bars in Abu Dhabi?? Obviously world cup football must be very popular there, so I image there must be popular places people go to watch the games? Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2007, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pedersenislands
Well at least some college football will hopefully satisfy my needs! Is it a ridiculas thought to envision "sports-type" bars in Abu Dhabi?? Obviously world cup football must be very popular there, so I image there must be popular places people go to watch the games? Thanks
We have a sports bar in the meridien hotel in the tourist club area. Not sure of the name. Night be NG or LG Sports bar

One of the Abu Dhabians will be able to tell u the name
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road

awesome. looks like we have Americans here! Make sure when or if you do get cable here through e-vision that you get the Orbit sport package because they have an espn channel that carries lots of sports from back home. I got the showtime sports package thinking it would have enough stuff to keep me happy. But, most of it is Nascar, wrestling and the likes. Some NFL but not enough. I just got here 2 weeks ago and would love it if there were a good sports bar that carried anything besides rugby, soccer, etc..
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Cool, Thanks for the tip!! Yes, I hopefully will find a good sports bar too. Sounds like that one at the Meridian is a good starting place to look. I will post a response if I'm able to find a good spot within a few weeks. Niddy, you can Private Message me your email address and I'll drop you an email with my findings.