Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Going to nice hotels and using their pools

Going to nice hotels and using their pools

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:56 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Going to nice hotels and using their pools

(I'm sure that title could have been snappier but you know....)

Some mates of ours stayed in Mina Salam a few weeks back, we spent a while there and the private beach and their pool was ace, amI right to believe that you can just pay for the day and go to some of these hotels? JBR etc?

We fancy that tomorrow, can anyone tell me which ones or even better recommend one?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to nice hotels and using their pools

Originally Posted by Spugsy
(I'm sure that title could have been snappier but you know....)

Some mates of ours stayed in Mina Salam a few weeks back, we spent a while there and the private beach and their pool was ace, amI right to believe that you can just pay for the day and go to some of these hotels? JBR etc?

We fancy that tomorrow, can anyone tell me which ones or even better recommend one?
yeah, you can go to most i think, but it'll cost you...mina al salaam/al qasr is about 300 dhs, jbh 250 dhs i think...

apparently, the ritz carlton has just lost its private beach, so no point in paying to go there...dubai marine does an inclusive cost with lunch, can't remember how much it is, maybe 150 dhs...

MM, xx
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:08 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you can get day passes for most of them, why not try the Atlantis Aquaventure? 220 dhs and it gives you access to their beach too
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:42 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Al Qasr is 350...no lunch included
Marine Beach hotel is 300 including lunch...
You may have trouble getting in during the weekends though...Jebel Ali Beach hotel claims you have to book a week in advance...
One and Only Royal Mirage also turns people away during the weekends saying they are full...
So I'd say always call them in advance to find out if you can actually get in.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Al Qasr is 350...no lunch included
Marine Beach hotel is 300 including lunch...
You may have trouble getting in during the weekends though...Jebel Ali Beach hotel claims you have to book a week in advance...
One and Only Royal Mirage also turns people away during the weekends saying they are full...
So I'd say always call them in advance to find out if you can actually get in.
none of them do weekends, so we went to jumeirah beach park, spent a nice few hours there, then (ahem) I had a camel ride, and we're off for massages soon as well....ahhhhh nice.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:59 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

none of them do weekends, so we went to jumeirah beach park, spent a nice few hours there, then (ahem) I had a camel ride, and we're off for massages soon as well....ahhhhh nice.
yeah, I thought it might be the case...
so how was the Beach Park...I read the other week that the water was heavily poluted cause of some big sewage dump...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:23 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

so how was the Beach Park...I read the other week that the water was heavily poluted cause of some big sewage dump...
I was at the Hilton in Fujeirah last week, no entrance charge, pick up your towels and away you go. The downsides are twofold, 1, it's a bit of a trek and 2, All the russian men wear speedos (although if that's your thing...).

I also stayed at the Miramar next to Le Meridien Al Aqah, now that was very nice, a bit soulless maybe, but apart from that, great.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:27 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Kix
I was at the Hilton in Fujeirah last week, no entrance charge, pick up your towels and away you go. The downsides are twofold, 1, it's a bit of a trek and 2, All the russian men wear speedos (although if that's your thing...).

I also stayed at the Miramar next to Le Meridien Al Aqah, now that was very nice, a bit soulless maybe, but apart from that, great.
oh the Hilton in Fujeirah is a bit grim though...like going back in time
Russian men...not my thing...and neither are Russian women
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

nope it was lovely, nice and clear, not too busy either - although some fat phillipino female lifeguard was tryin to chuck some indian bloke out as he had been swimming in just his y-fronts, she went mad and he wouldn't leave and she hit him 3 times with a stick - honest, then some blokes came over and it all went off, eventually calmed down, i was going to go over and get involved but it was mels birthday and the police turned up anyway....

ANYWAY it was nice apart from that, although I have burnt myself (of course)...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:32 am
why ayeeeee man!

oh the Hilton in Fujeirah is a bit grim though...like going back in time
Russian men...not my thing...and neither are Russian women
most russian women over here look like whores.

There, I've said it....
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:35 am
hmmmm...nice

nope it was lovely, nice and clear, not too busy either - although some fat phillipino female lifeguard was tryin to chuck some indian bloke out as he had been swimming in just his y-fronts, she went mad and he wouldn't leave and she hit him 3 times with a stick - honest, then some blokes came over and it all went off, eventually calmed down, i was going to go over and get involved but it was mels birthday and the police turned up anyway....

ANYWAY it was nice apart from that, although I have burnt myself (of course)...
yeah...that happens all the time...it's not allowed to swim in your underwear...BC should start a swimmingtrunk charity I reckon, those poor guys...jallah park we always say...

have not been for months...might have a few hours there tomorrow, could do with a bit of sun...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:36 am
hmmmm...nice

most russian women over here look like whores.

There, I've said it....
I am more shocked by the old ones that wear thongs and sunbathe standing up, arms outstretched...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

yeah...that happens all the time...it's not allowed to swim in your underwear...BC should start a swimmingtrunk charity I reckon, those poor guys...jallah park we always say...

have not been for months...might have a few hours there tomorrow, could do with a bit of sun...
yeah get yourself down, it was nice, big umbrellas and the weather just right,

the sea is very salty mind you....
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:41 am
hmmmm...nice

yeah get yourself down, it was nice, big umbrellas and the weather just right,

the sea is very salty mind you....
are the chairs still 15 dhs or have they upped the prices...
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

are the chairs still 15 dhs or have they upped the prices...
yeah think so babe, 2 chairs and an umbrella was AED 40.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.