Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Funds on arrival for first month HELP

Funds on arrival for first month HELP

Old Oct 26th 2013, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

DaveSand is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Will my employer help with Funds on arrival for first month

I feel really embarrassed to ask but I am coming to Doha in less than a fortnights time and because I have been holding out for this job since June and struggling with living costs here in the UK, I have next to no funds to arrive with. My question is ... Will I get money to assist with the first months everyday living expenses. I have no family etc. to borrow money from I will literally have pence to arrive with is it the normal thing to ask? will I insult my employer? I really need this job and feel that my in my position of manager where I will be working, they will expect me to have money credit cards etc but I haven't, this is the reason I am coming over after all. How much percentage of my salary can I expect? also is it a month in hand situation over there. helpful answers only please. I AM LOSING SLEEP OVER THIS

Last edited by DaveSand; Oct 26th 2013 at 11:53 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2013, 11:47 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funds on arrival for first month HELP

Originally Posted by DaveSand
I feel really embarrassed to ask but I am coming to Doha in less than a fortnights time and because I have been holding out for this job since June and struggling with living costs here in the UK, I have next to no funds to arrive with. My question is ... Will I get money to assist with the first months everyday living expenses. I have no family etc. to borrow money from I will literally have pence to arrive with is it the normal thing to ask? will I insult my employer? I really need this job and feel that my in my position of manager where I will be working, they will expect me to have money credit cards etc but I haven't, this is the reason I am coming over after all. How much percentage of my salary can I expect? also is it a month in hand situation over there. helpful comments only please.
Dude, Ask the company as they are all different, just be honest.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Ecco is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be in the same position. I spent all my money whilst job hunting during the past 2 months. My visa cost will send my overdraft to the limit.
I hope I'll be able to get an advance or I may have to stay unemployed in the UK.
Regardless, good luck to us both.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Here is the email I have sent maybe this helps ease some worries.

Could you let me know your progress with my mobilisation to Doha and could you give some idea of what to expect on arrival as in where will my accommodation be situated and my representative on arrival. I am available to mobilise as soon as things are ready and I am looking forward to starting my role as soon as possible. Please excuse me for asking but will there be funding available for help with my first months living expenses on arrival, as I have very limited funds for my arrival and as this is a big step this is a worry to me. I dearly hope you could put my worries at ease and reply to my questions as soon as possible. I look forard to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Old Oct 27th 2013, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ecco
I'll be in the same position. I spent all my money whilst job hunting during the past 2 months. My visa cost will send my overdraft to the limit.
I hope I'll be able to get an advance or I may have to stay unemployed in the UK.
Regardless, good luck to us both.
you should not be paying your visa costs!
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Yes visa costs should be taken care of by the employer.

I have received an offer of a limited cash advance whatever that means. looks like a struggle for the first month then FFS
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:16 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveSand
Yes visa costs should be taken care of by the employer.

I have received an offer of a limited cash advance whatever that means. looks like a struggle for the first month then FFS
But better than sweet FA. You can live very cheap here.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Yes much better. pleased I asked thanks. not sure what limited means .. very ambiguous.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ask employer for an advance. You are not the first to arrive in the M.E. stoney broke.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lets hope I leave filthy rich. I have an limited advance when I get there , I wonder what that will be?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

How much fo you need ? You got expensive habits ? What do you really need apart from food on the table ?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Just for the essentials and getting around, bearing in mind I will only have what I have in my suitcase with me when I arrive
Old Oct 27th 2013, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Ecco is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you buy smart clothes there and how about the prices compared to the UK - remember we have Primark here which is dirt cheap.
Just wondering if I should use my luggage allowance on things other than shoes etc.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

you should not be paying your visa costs!
Hasn't "you get the job but need to pay for your visa" been used as a method of scam.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

I am truly amazed by the amount of people who are willing to relocate to a new country without having the financial means to support themselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.