Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Flights to and from Neom

Flights to and from Neom

Old Dec 31st 2022, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Howie_tt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flights to and from Neom

I will start work in the Neom area late Feb. With one of the Contractors/Consultants and will be managing my own flights in and out. What are peoples experiences of to and from London?

I see the direct flights which is great. A bit pricier and not convenient for a weeks leave due to them leaving on Wednesday and returning on Sundays. I think they are only timetabled up to the end of March at the moment. Does anyone know if they will be extended or is it a trial at the moment?

Tabuk - London with a stop in Riyadh/Jeddah looks the most regular. More economic but takes a bit longer.

Anyone tried the Tabuk - Cairo - London route? Of course there is risk of changing airlines but has anyone tried it?

All advice, experiences and thoughts welcomed!

Old Jan 29th 2023, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

BMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond reputeBMH77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights to and from Neom

Originally Posted by Howie_tt
I will start work in the Neom area late Feb. With one of the Contractors/Consultants and will be managing my own flights in and out. What are peoples experiences of to and from London?

I see the direct flights which is great. A bit pricier and not convenient for a weeks leave due to them leaving on Wednesday and returning on Sundays. I think they are only timetabled up to the end of March at the moment. Does anyone know if they will be extended or is it a trial at the moment?

Tabuk - London with a stop in Riyadh/Jeddah looks the most regular. More economic but takes a bit longer.

Anyone tried the Tabuk - Cairo - London route? Of course there is risk of changing airlines but has anyone tried it?

Haven't done any of these but I hear that Ryan Air has something out of Aqaba Jordan that some people use.
Old Jan 29th 2023, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BMH77
Haven't done any of these but I hear that Ryan Air has something out of Aqaba Jordan that some people use.
Thanks BMH77 - I hadn't seen the Ryan Air ones. Looks great for meeting the family in Europe for a week.

Old Jan 30th 2023, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

exaramcon is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me know how you get on once you reach. I am due to start early March
Old Jan 30th 2023, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

ExpatKSA is an unknown quantity at this point

any one flying to neom soon or by march to NEOM from the USA?
Old Feb 4th 2023, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

I've had a few colleagues go through Cairo and getting stuck. If budget is a concern, check out kiwi or skiplagged.

I tend to fly Riyadh London, avoids having to collect luggage in Jeddah which can take forever. Flight is slightly shorter but they tend to land fairly close. Landing first thing in the morning and home in time for champagne breakfast.
Old Feb 5th 2023, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Diplo is an unknown quantity at this point

That's useful, thanks.

On the Saudia flights out of Neom Bay, are you paying full retail as per what they offer on the Saudia site, or do you get a discount being an employee? Seems really expensive if the former!

Any other convenient routes that people use - Aquba to UK etc?
Old Feb 5th 2023, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paracletus
I've had a few colleagues go through Cairo and getting stuck. If budget is a concern, check out kiwi or skiplagged.

I tend to fly Riyadh London, avoids having to collect luggage in Jeddah which can take forever. Flight is slightly shorter but they tend to land fairly close. Landing first thing in the morning and home in time for champagne breakfast.
Thanks. I've ended up booking the Tabuk Riyadh London so looking forward to the champagne.

I had not heard of skiplagged so that a good one for the future.
Old Feb 6th 2023, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Thanks. I've ended up booking the Tabuk Riyadh London so looking forward to the champagne.

I had not heard of skiplagged so that a good one for the future.
Some of my colleagues stop over in Istanbul and wherever else before they get home, and the same way back. Costs next to nothing and offers a really relaxed trip with multiple beer stops. Word of advice is to only do this if you travel with a carry on only.
Old Feb 6th 2023, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

ZeroCool_HTP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Some of my colleagues stop over in Istanbul and wherever else before they get home, and the same way back. Costs next to nothing and offers a really relaxed trip with multiple beer stops. Word of advice is to only do this if you travel with a carry on only.
Yes, I fly Aqaba to Istanbul then on to wherever I want to go. Usually can go most places with both legs being Turkish Airlines. Champagne breakfast in Istanbul is awesome!
Old Feb 6th 2023, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

what is the best way to look for flights from USA to NEOM? Are the options to NEOM will be from London, Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh, and Dammam airport?
Old Feb 6th 2023, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
what is the best way to look for flights from USA to NEOM? Are the options to NEOM will be from London, Dubai, Jeddah, Riyadh, and Dammam airport?
Yes
Old Feb 6th 2023, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ZeroCool_HTP
Yes
ok so basically I would love for flights from my city to one of those cities and then from those cities to NEOM will find me the ticket to neom? I was hoping to look at the flights so I can suggest something to the onboarder.
Old Feb 6th 2023, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ExpatKSA
ok so basically I would love for flights from my city to one of those cities and then from those cities to NEOM will find me the ticket to neom? I was hoping to look at the flights so I can suggest something to the onboarder.
That sounds doable
Old Feb 7th 2023, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

GreenBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,
A quick question: Is the annual travel allowance paid to you in full regardless of the actual cost of flights? Or, do they only reimburse you the actual cost after submitting the invoice?
Also, How much is the annual flight allowance for a base location of Melbourne, Australia?
Many thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.