Fleeing the UAE..

Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fleeing the UAE..

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
ok fine.. perhaps they could advise you on how to find out.

Im still yet to experience the advantage of actually having an embassy to go to...
Send me a pm...lol. Well if you really need it at some point and assuming am still in Dubai, can get someone to check it out for you...
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
British Embassy here do nothing to help anyone!
they will pop in and visit you if you are in the jail!
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Yes true.. I believe I read an article today mentioning that you can be held in prison without charge for up to 3 months (but it may have been talking about Saudi).
oh yeah, this girl can never come back now after doing a legger.
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
they won't even do that ! trust me
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by still.unsure
out of curiousity, how?
OK - at the time you apply for a loan or when you open an account - they ask you for your home country address and telephone number. In some cases, name and telephone number of your relative in your home country. That's how...
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
OK - at the time you apply for a loan or when you open an account - they ask you for a home country address and telephone number. In some cases, name and telephone number of relative in your home country. That's how...
Do they check that info to be legit though, i doubt it!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

OK - at the time you apply for a loan or when you open an account - they ask you for a home country address and telephone number. In some cases, name and telephone number of relative in your home country. That's how...
Yeah i gave them my mam's contact details and they did check to ensure they were real....

Oh well...
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:04 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

ive had a lot of dealing with them lately...useless
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:06 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
How many do you know that have done it already?

Personally I know 4.

Impersonally, every day someone else says that they know someone has just legged it..
I know one family who left behind their cars and house in Arabian Ranches as they were (quite rightly) more worried about the husband being stitched up by the antiquated laws here.

You hear it more and more now that the chickens are coming home to roost - stupid rental prices coupled with one cheque meant a lot of people had little choice other than to take out loans just to survive here. If the same people are unfortunate enough to lose their jobs, what choice is there at the moment other than to do a bunk?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
ive had a lot of dealing with them lately...useless
Lorraine is quite good so i am told , but there is a limit to what she will help with, I had a couple of friends who have had advice from her
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Do they check that info to be legit though, i doubt it!
Depending on the amount, some banks do, yes. It is commonly referred to as Home Country - Customer Verification
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I know one family who left behind their cars and house in Arabian Ranches as they were (quite rightly) more worried about the husband being stitched up by the antiquated laws here.

You hear it more and more now that the chickens are coming home to roost - stupid rental prices coupled with one cheque meant a lot of people had little choice other than to take out loans just to survive here. If the same people are unfortunate enough to lose their jobs, what choice is there at the moment other than to do a bunk?
Sounds like the family I'm trying to help.......similar case
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Depending on the amount, some banks do, yes. It is commonly referred to as Home Country - Customer Verification
Never been asked for my home address! Is it a new regulation! My bank prob just couldn't be arsed i suppose
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Never been asked for my home address! Is it a new regulation! My bank prob just couldn't be arsed i suppose
yeah you're right (am guessing it is one of the local AbDab banks?)
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

yeah you're right (am guessing it is one of the local AbDab banks?)
yep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.