Reload this Page >

First Post - Looking for advice

First Post - Looking for advice

Old Aug 23rd 2022, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Smudgers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First Post - Looking for advice

Hi everyone,
We will be moving to Doha with my husband's job in the next few months, and I have lots of questions that I will no doubt be asking you all over the coming weeks.

I currently work full time in the UK in the petrochemcal industry, I love working and cannot see myself sitting around an apartment all day doing nothing so I have been looking at jobs for myself over there, but just do not know where to start. Will I even be allowed to work? I have applied for a few on a website to see how I got on, its quite deflating as my 'progress' shows me as being in the bottom 30% and do not meet a lot of the criteria.

I have many people here telling me I will have no issues getting work over there with my experience. I have a multi discipline role that covers accounts, admin and Health and Safety. Also, from what I have seen, a lot of the jobs advertised have low salaries (convert to around £500 per month) which seems odd - is that normal?

To be honest, its not really about the money, I just need something to keep me occupied. I have discussed continuing my employment with my boss, and working remotely for a couple of days a week. Has anyone else done this? Would anyone know if I were to do this, can I keep my UK bank account and still have my salary paid into it?

Last edited by Smudgers; Aug 23rd 2022 at 8:45 am.