Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Finally arrived in Riyadh

Finally arrived in Riyadh

Old Sep 17th 2010, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally arrived in Riyadh

Well after the months of form filling, medicals, waiting, visas and finally Ramadan and Eid to add to the wait, flew into Riyadh yesterday.

Immigration/security was a breeze, after reading all the hype about laptops and external HD's being checked was worried that something would be found that was not meeting the standard or I would end up with a corrupted drive.

So sat by the pool and read yesterday and will do the same today before reporting for work tomorrow.

As you can see from the time I am typing this, sleep is not coming readily
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Shawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond reputeShawlands has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally arrived in Riyadh

Good luck - hope it all goes well.

I remember I was frustrated at the 3 week wait I had before coming over - turns out the longer ur not in Riyadh, thats not a bad thing!

I fly back in tomorow evening - let round 2 begin!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

3 weeks! I signed my contract back in July, thought I was never going to get here
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the mad house ha ha
Me just back from vacation if you need any help let me know.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got through my first day, lots of form filling, got some form of temp ID, go for medical tomorrow and have a meeting with the compound manager, life is non-stop

Might actually get to do some work eventually!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

HOT ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Got through my first day, lots of form filling, got some form of temp ID, go for medical tomorrow and have a meeting with the compound manager, life is non-stop

Wait for the fun of getting your Saudi Driving Licence...
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh joy. I have been told there is no ryhme or reason and you are at the whim of whoever you are dealing with!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Oh joy. I have been told there is no ryhme or reason and you are at the whim of whoever you are dealing with!
Yes correct your Iquama could take any thing between 1 month and upto 5 months
Well come to the Costa Del Sand Pit.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

wait until you have everything sorted and you are staring into the great void of nothingness ..you'll long for the exciting times you had filling out forms
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Yes correct your Iquama could take any thing between 1 month and upto 5 months
Well come to the Costa Del Sand Pit.
Have been told that I should have my Iquama by next week!

Fallen into the compound problem that the promised accomodation is not ready on Eid so am moving onto Granada in the next day or two for a month.