Expat info please

Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:27 am
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold
Default Expat info please

Okay guys....
I need some info here on what benefits your companies give you and your families for coming all the way here from Britain to live.

See, I'm sure that our family is getting a raw deal. Without giving out too much personal info: There are four of us, My father is the one working for the UK based company. We live in a villa for around 120 K per year, of which we pay half of the rent, the company pays the other half. We have to pay all our bills electric/water/ gas...The company still hasn't offered my father a company car ( He is in a Sales job...this is Dubai you NEED a car). My brother who is 16 nearly 17 is not in education because we can't afford it. They are also not giving us any annual tickets home for visits....the only thing I can say is that they are paying for our medical insurance for the FIRST year..

We certainly aint saving money.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:44 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat info please

Originally Posted by samireh
Okay guys....
I need some info here on what benefits your companies give you and your families for coming all the way here from Britain to live.

See, I'm sure that our family is getting a raw deal. Without giving out too much personal info: There are four of us, My father is the one working for the UK based company. We live in a villa for around 120 K per year, of which we pay half of the rent, the company pays the other half. We have to pay all our bills electric/water/ gas...The company still hasn't offered my father a company car ( He is in a Sales job...this is Dubai you NEED a car). My brother who is 16 nearly 17 is not in education because we can't afford it. They are also not giving us any annual tickets home for visits....the only thing I can say is that they are paying for our medical insurance for the FIRST year..

Samireh...

We got all medical covered ... including dentist (only normal work not cosmetic work).

School cover from 5 yrs old till 18th.

Flight going home once a year.

35 days paid leave a year.

up to 5 mths salary for free-interest car loan.

and some housing allowance (we have to pay all bills).

PS: Mind you this deal not that good compare to others.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:51 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Okay guys....

Hello Samireh.

That doesnt sound like an unfair deal, but when you guys are paying half the rent yourselves, i am sure u arent saving much money.

I would have thought that virtually all companies offer free airline tickets....

hmmmmmm....... I hate to say it, but u really should have checked out the fine print before signing on the dotted line.... why not consider changing jobs?

Certain categories are exempt from leaving the country? I mean now that you are on the ground in Dubai, u know what sort of package u need, so now its just a matter of fishing around for it.

I hope it all works out for u.

Thats my 2 fils for ya....Enjoy the forum.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:53 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
Hello Samireh.

That doesnt sound like an unfair deal, but when you guys are paying half the rent yourselves, i am sure u arent saving much money.

I would have thought that virtually all companies offer free airline tickets....

hmmmmmm....... I hate to say it, but u really should have checked out the fine print before signing on the dotted line.... why not consider changing jobs?

Certain categories are exempt from leaving the country? I mean now that you are on the ground in Dubai, u know what sort of package u need, so now its just a matter of fishing around for it.

I hope it all works out for u.

Thats my 2 fils for ya....Enjoy the forum.
FACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why u keep welcoming Samireh? She been on the board for ages now ...
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:55 am
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by novita77
Samireh...

We got all medical covered ... including dentist (only normal work not cosmetic work).

School cover from 5 yrs old till 18th.

Flight going home once a year.

35 days paid leave a year.

up to 5 mths salary for free-interest car loan.

and some housing allowance (we have to pay all bills).

PS: Mind you this deal not that good compare to others.

Thanks, we don't get dentist cover in the medical insurance...it wouldn't be so bad if he was on an amazing whack of a salary, but his salary is actually quite naff, so after all the bills etc...we end up in the overdraft and what with this 5% 'because we feel like it' muncipility property tax, we might actually be a bit stuffed.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:04 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by novita77
FACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why u keep welcoming Samireh? She been on the board for ages now ...

If u look back at my post Nov, i did delete the welcome statement.

I saw the # of posts she has made and realised that I must have welcomed her in the past. lol
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:05 am
The Oracle

Thanks, we don't get dentist cover in the medical insurance...it wouldn't be so bad if he was on an amazing whack of a salary, but his salary is actually quite naff, so after all the bills etc...we end up in the overdraft and what with this 5% 'because we feel like it' muncipility property tax, we might actually be a bit stuffed.

hmmmmmm....... a little more than stuffed I would imagine.

Suggestions off the top of my head would be to move into something a bit cheaper..... even if it was 20K cheaper, u'd be saving that much more and that job swap does sound like something u should explore.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:06 am
Restless soul

I saw the # of posts she has made and realised that I must have welcomed her in the past. lol

Have you seen also that I have some shiny stars and beautiful boxes?...
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:16 am
Restless soul

hmmmmmm....... a little more than stuffed I would imagine.

Suggestions off the top of my head would be to move into something a bit cheaper..... even if it was 20K cheaper, u'd be saving that much more and that job swap does sound like something u should explore.
Well, the move does sound the best option, we've got till October and then we would look for something in the region of 75 k...then there's still the little Bro education thing...Might be we get nasty at the time of the company contract renewal ( also in October).
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:16 am
The Oracle

Have you seen also that I have some shiny stars and beautiful boxes?...

some of u newbies are getting very cheeky. LOL

I ill give u some karma when my 24hr ban is lifted..... jeez..... u dont have to go all sarcastic on me.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:17 am
semarang

age must be catching up with u eh ???
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:19 am
Restless soul

some of u newbies are getting very cheeky. LOL

I ill give u some karma when my 24hr ban is lifted..... jeez..... u dont have to go all sarcastic on me.

I'm not a newbie!!! IM NOT A NEWBIE! just been away busy workin so unable to use the forum often.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Okay guys....

I know this won't help really but if it is any consolation, I am here with two small kids living in an apartment which we were lucky to purchase for Dhs 600,000.00 back in 2001, husband away most of the time as he is working hard in keeping up his businesses in the UK and Iran to support us and his minimum 60 member family, we have to pay for medical and all bills, schooling and flight tickets ourselves too including all the UAE visa and other fees to keep us here and no luxury of a maid. I had to allow some major financial cutbacks to be able to live here but I prefer a more modest lifestyle here than a lavish one in the UK where I just didn't enjoy the same circle of friends and weather like here. I find that I am also not tempted here to need so much as I was in the UK by having new goods in front of my nose all the time. I can keep myself active and kids entertained without the need to splash out a lot of money and because there is so much else to do than killing time in shops, I don't get tempted to spend money. I suppose being a non-smoker and non-alcohol lover, it saves me some fortunes too.

You know that you are not the only one that is enduring hard ship through meager salary and lack of package but the worst thing to do is to compare with what others are getting. If you feel you deserve more, fight for it, go out there and look for other opportunities to earn money. Anything can be achieved. Where therere is a will, there is a way. I wish I could give some sound advice on what exactly to do but this is something your family has to figure out. All the best and keep us posted. There are lots of opportunities out there, just keep asking and searching, which you have already started, it will eventually bear some fruits, rather than what people do who sit on their backside and whine.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:21 am
The Oracle

I'm not a newbie!!! IM NOT A NEWBIE! just been away busy workin so unable to use the forum often.
your post count doesnt exactly qualify u to be a veteran. heh heh

karma will come your way just for your cheek!

not today though........ will give u some tomorrow. and get urself an avatar if u dont want to be called a newbie!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 7:26 am
Restless soul

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
I know this won't help really but if it is any consolation, I am here with two small kids living in an apartment which we were lucky to purchase for Dhs 600,000.00 back in 2001, husband away most of the time as he is working hard in keeping up his businesses in the UK and Iran to support us and his minimum 60 member family, we have to pay for medical and all bills, schooling and flight tickets ourselves too including all the UAE visa and other fees to keep us here and no luxury of a maid. I had to allow some major financial cutbacks to be able to live here but I prefer a more modest lifestyle here than a lavish one in the UK where I just didn't enjoy the same circle of friends and weather like here. I find that I am also not tempted here to need so much as I was in the UK by having new goods in front of my nose all the time. I can keep myself active and kids entertained without the need to splash out a lot of money and because there is so much else to do than killing time in shops, I don't get tempted to spend money. I suppose being a non-smoker and non-alcohol lover, it saves me some fortunes too.

You know that you are not the only one that is enduring hard ship through meager salary and lack of package but the worst thing to do is to compare with what others are getting. If you feel you deserve more, fight for it, go out there and look for other opportunities to earn money. Anything can be achieved. Where therere is a will, there is a way. I wish I could give some sound advice on what exactly to do but this is something your family has to figure out. All the best and keep us posted. There are lots of opportunities out there, just keep asking and searching, which you have already started, it will eventually bear some fruits, rather than what people do who sit on their backside and whine.
Thanks..I know what you mean. We are here now so that's the hard work done, it's just working hard to make it work...it would be awful if we had to go back...I don't like Hereford!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.