For everyone asking about cost of living in Doha

Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Fizzy_Bear is on a distinguished road
Default Re: For everyone asking about cost of living in Doha

Originally Posted by Crewegirl
serviced apartments with balcony so i can have a ciggy??? nice ones?? any info
Cx
Second that re Ezdan - my husband stayed there recently and said it was an over priced dump.

He has stayed at Frazer Suites - likes that one and it seems to be in good location, but those on the ground there can advise you.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Aunaturel1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crewegirl
serviced apartments with balcony so i can have a ciggy??? nice ones?? any info
Cx
Al Gassar resort. We have a balcony, but never use. Much, much too hot...air con gets rid of the smell x
Old Oct 11th 2012, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aunaturel1
Al Gassar resort. We have a balcony, but never use. Much, much too hot...air con gets rid of the smell x
If you think its hot now, wait for summer
Old Oct 13th 2012, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Immad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Crewe Girl,
lessons learned, drop the concept of trying to live like a Cheshire girl out here.
Not trying to tell you how you should do it but this place is not frightening at all. Ezdan is equivalent to staying at a Premier Inn, you get what you pay for out here all the way along. Ezdans cost for perfectly good dbl bedroom is QAR 3500 p/m so cant complain and there's even a shared kitchen. I didn't come here to blow the cash. Its easy to waste money here, all Im saying is that some of my mates have signed up to QAR 16k p/m for accom and I think they are MAD ( £100K in 3 years blown)
Old Oct 13th 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Immad
Hi Crewe Girl,
lessons learned, drop the concept of trying to live like a Cheshire girl out here.
Not trying to tell you how you should do it but this place is not frightening at all. Ezdan is equivalent to staying at a Premier Inn, you get what you pay for out here all the way along. Ezdans cost for perfectly good dbl bedroom is QAR 3500 p/m so cant complain and there's even a shared kitchen. I didn't come here to blow the cash. Its easy to waste money here, all Im saying is that some of my mates have signed up to QAR 16k p/m for accom and I think they are MAD ( £100K in 3 years blown)
That is quite reassuring, I am due to spend 9 months in Doha, before heading on to Dubai. The first month in a hotel(dry -boo) and then the Ezdan. The work will be paying all costs and had read a few bad reviews, but so I am just there to save money, so I do not mind too much.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:47 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Crewe Girl,
There are lots of Ezdan complexes all over Doha and Wakra, I think they are building Ezdan 6 now. To my knowledge none of them do a 'dbl bedroom' for QAR 3500, unless you are talking about a dodgy sub-let.

The Ezdan near City Centre is expensive and expect to pay QR7k/m for a single bedroom serviced apartment. Apartments in Ezdan at Wakra or Wakair are cheaper, but still expect to pay from QR5k/m upwards.

There is no cheap accommodation in Doha, unless you want to share an apartment with others from the sub-continent or Philippines.

[J]

Last edited by Johnnyboy11; Oct 13th 2012 at 3:49 pm. Reason: typos
Old Oct 14th 2012, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Crewe Girl,
I see what you're saying here - and i agree to a certain extent - Ezdan is a bit like staying at a premier Inn, perfectly servicable. But would you want to live in one? I had a studio in Ezdan when I got here - I had my own kitchen etc so that was good, but it cost 9k/m.

The studio itself was ok but just ok. The shower annoyed me because it was tiny and the cooker blew up. Also the aircon was freezing and it was either on or off, don't let the fact that there is a thermostat fool you its only for show.

The corridors were dark and miserable, and i never used the pool because I would get hassled by men. Nothing dangerous just annoying. I never felt unsafe but I didn't want to spend my time fending them off.

I'm also want to save money here but not at the expense of being miserable and stuck in a crappy apartment, where I can't use the facilities on offer.

I'm sorry but unless you are a single man, who isn't bothered about where you live, Ezdan Towers in West Bay is not the place for you. I can't speak about any other ezdan residences.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

i think a slight confusion of Cheshire is going on....Alderley edge- beautiful.
I dont live there.....( i wish lol)
Thanks for the advice but i really dont fancy spending our first couple of months in a premier inn and would die if i had to share a kitchen etc with others.
Ezdan is on the list of Avoid...as heard so much about it.
Thanks though all helps with the move to get lots of advice.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point

When we came over was put in Holiday Villa. Nice apartments but I lasted 2 weeks before I was crawling up the wall. Hate the confinement that an apartment brings.

It was not because these were small, pretty big I actually thought, but end of the day apartment living is no better than being shoved in a hermetically sealed box each night.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

No Idea about Qatar, I could't currently point to it on a map, so could someone help me here a bit please as I've got 4 weeks to get my head round this, how big is Doha compared to AUH (city) and where should I be looking accommodation wise his job is at North Gate Mall I think!!