Reload this Page >

Etihad vs BA vs Qatar

Etihad vs BA vs Qatar

Old Sep 19th 2013, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Rhino1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Etihad vs BA vs Qatar

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
What's all this about economy or world traveller (plus) etc?

Is that the bit behind the curtain I've heard about?
Hahah, you are one lucky man sir.
I got a few complimentary upgrades here and their with Etihad and yea there is world between cabin classes
Old Sep 19th 2013, 11:29 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Sure, let's have a virtual hug too (or is that taking it a bit far?)

If you can make it to the Du Forum in Abu Dhabi tonight I'll buy you a real beer, with 'Delilah' or 'Sex Bomb' in the background..

Why, why why....

Last edited by Kix; Sep 19th 2013 at 11:35 am.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 11:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Sure, let's have a virtual hug too (or is that taking it a bit far?)

If you can make it to the Du Forum in Abu Dhabi tonight I'll buy you a real beer, with 'Delilah' or 'Sex Bomb' in the background..
Best not hug, I just got a semi.

I'm golfing tonight and am a little young to appreciate TJ properly, enjoy though!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Bah, I'm going for BA.. whatever happens happens! :s
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:08 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhino1
Bah, I'm going for BA.. whatever happens happens! :s
If you are not going to spring for higher than economy you should just choose the cheapest. Its going to make f. all difference over 7 hours, regardless of whether one entertainment system is better than another, or who has best service or food.
In my opinion of course .

Just to add to I don't mind BA at all, but everyone here seems to have varying experience with every airline.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
If you are not going to spring for higher than economy you should just choose the cheapest. Its going to make f. all difference over 7 hours, regardless of whether one entertainment system is better than another, or who has best service or food.
In my opinion of course .

Just to add to I don't mind BA at all, but everyone here seems to have varying experience with every airline.
Spot on. Having just done two BA economy flights - one of 10 hours and one of 7 hours, I can honestly say they are good. The food and TV systems are total shite, but this is the case in all airlines. I never eat on flights (in any class) and you take the ipad/kindle for the entertainment.

Seats on BA are more comfortable that EK... different story in business of course.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 3:42 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Use the money you saved by flying the cheapest non stop flight for getting really drunk really quickly. You honestly won't recall the flight.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Hahaha...! Perfect answers!

Although BA at AED:10,945 for business class does seem kind of nice

If I was earning 30+ aed I would just book business without even checking!
20k just doesn't cut it anymore
Old Sep 19th 2013, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rhino1
@Soukie, check out Etihad economy prices, they have lost their head!
Agreed - actually I think all the flight prices are silly at the moment. Where have all the KLM and Lufthansa cheapies gone?
Old Sep 19th 2013, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

On the note of BA, I just got off the phone to them here in the Abu Dhabi and they said that 80-90% of their aircrafts have all been upgraded B777-200 with all the new WTP and WT classes so the flight should be 'pleasent'
White trash premium and white trash class?!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

BA lost my luggage and is irredeemably grim.

Etihad lost my money, and if I have to see that f**kinq just for laughs episode on the bus after a 14 hour flight again I will go insane,,,,

Qatar - well if it's run as efficiently and effectively as the rest of Qatar, I think I'll give it a miss, thanks

Emirates - prices that make you weep - A380 is the best way to get to and from the UK though - without a shadow of a doubt.

Do KLM fly into Dubai?
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

In all honesty those transit flights do my head in.. You can save a *hit load here and there but you gotta put up with tons of lost hours and in some cases a day if your vacation! Qatar has got FC Barcelona contract so I assume they gotta be doing something right to keep that contract.. Hahah so we assume anyway!!
And what's with this new BA slogan "to fly to serve"
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

In all honesty those transit flights do my head in.. You can save a *hit load here and there but you gotta put up with tons of lost hours and in some cases a day if your vacation!
A change of aircrafts in Doha will set you back about 2 hours each way.

Have you tried getting a single ticket to London using a low cost carrier and then buy a return ticket from London? That could work out to be more economical even if you probably would need a stopover on your way to London.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

In all honesty those transit flights do my head in.. You can save a *hit load here and there but you gotta put up with tons of lost hours and in some cases a day if your vacation!
A change of aircrafts in Doha will set you back about 2 hours each way.

Have you tried getting a single ticket to London using a low cost carrier and then buy a return ticket from London? That could work out to be more economical even if you probably would need a stopover on your way to London.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

I know that you don't like a stopover but I believe that flights tend to be cheaper if they originate from London and the low cost thing only needs to be done once to start buying tickets from London instead.

It makes sense, you would probably pay more to get home for Christmas than someone living in London to have a vacation in the UAE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.