Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Entry Exit Permit Qatar

Entry Exit Permit Qatar

Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

wolfman1877 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Entry Exit Permit Qatar

Is the entry exit permit system pretty straight forward or should you insist on a mutil entry exit visa?

My prospective employer is adament that they have a great dedicated immigration dept open 24/7 and I will not need a multi exit permit.

Views appreciated!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entry Exit Permit Qatar

Originally Posted by wolfman1877
Is the entry exit permit system pretty straight forward or should you insist on a mutil entry exit visa?

My prospective employer is adament that they have a great dedicated immigration dept open 24/7 and I will not need a multi exit permit.

Views appreciated!
I would absolutely insist on multiple exit - for me that would be a deal breaker, I would hate to have to ask my employer permission to leave each time. Just seems so wrong.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 8:47 am
Just Joined

I tend to agree with your views and will push and see what happens.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

LaylaD is on a distinguished road

Views appreciated!
Find out if they do it electronically or manually, obviously the former is faster should you need to leave in an emergency

still the whole idea of exit permit is ridiculous so try for multiple
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Views appreciated!
I insisted on it as part of the deal , it costs 500 QAR per year , it is electronic and shows up when you pass immigration , i always keep a small laminated copy with me when i travel just case the inevitable happens.

Before i had it i had to apply 48 hrs in advance of travelling and we have a very very good P.R.O.
It does give some peace of mind as you could really get stuck or messed about if lets say you were working for a cowboy outfit and believe you me there's an awful lot of them down here in Doha...!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the info.

The outfit runs an electronic visa system and is available 24/7. My view is that I will insist on a mutlti visa as I dont want to have the hassle of having to request approval every time I wish to leave the country especially as i will be on single status and my family will be at home and i wish to get back every 5-6 weeks for a few days..