Reload this Page >

The Dubai Mum's Club

The Dubai Mum's Club

Old Oct 4th 2010, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

vastmassive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Dubai Mum's Club

Hi Guys,

My Wife and I have just had our first baby and as you can imagine even though our little one keeps us busy alot of the time, my wife still feels that she is ratteling around the house with nothing to do and nowhere to go (not that Dubai is limited for things to do, just a purpose is needed)

Anyhow she has just started a club/group called the Dubai mum's club, this has given her a new lease of life and also the members. She arranges coffee mornings, lunch dates and girly nights out. Its all good fun for new, expecting and mothers of children of all ages (even the dreaded teenager) gives you all a chance to meet up and VENT!!!!

She is hoping to get this club running to support mothers all over Dubai with any issues and help that they may need through living here.

I know that my wife is enjoying the group and I am sure that all of the members are to so go and check it out the site is:

meetup.com and search for groups in Dubai and you will find the Dubai Mum's Club
Old Oct 4th 2010, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Dubai Mum's Club

I for one would like to thank your wife for setting up this club, it has over the months provided a fantastic alibi for the ever growing members of my own (bored) Dubai mums club.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 4:20 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there! What a great initiative on her part. Another set of events can only be a good thing. Whereabouts are you based?

The only things is... and I hate to put a downer on it... there's already a pretty well established "Dubai Mum's Club" so she may want to look at an alternative name... http://www.dubaimumsclub.com/#
Old Oct 4th 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Anything similar running in Ab Dabs?
Old Oct 4th 2010, 6:52 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
There must be. Wherever there are women with kids, there'll be playdates and cake - it just depends how organised they may be.

I certainly know that here in Dubai virtually every established community has got a variety of things on. Springs, Greens and Marina do... a woman is talking about setting up a JLT playdate... and then there's your more organised ones like ANZA, EW, the Jebel Ali "Church" Playgroup... er, so many!

In the Marina there's something Monday (3 to choose from!), Tuesday, Wednesday (when it's cooler) and Thursday mornings... and Tuesday and Thursday late afternoons... and they're all pretty much free.
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - establshed in the 90's and still going strong.

http://www.abudhabimums.ae/
Old Oct 5th 2010, 5:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soukie

I went to one of these once expecting to find a load of hot MILFs discussing the latest fashions in underwear...Oh my God... never again.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 5:38 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I went to one of these once expecting to find a load of hot MILFs discussing the latest fashions in underwear...Oh my God... never again.
lol...I was lured into going to a coffee morning once...I literally walked in and back out again...I am sure that's wrong of me and I should have given it a chance but I didn't...
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Why don't you try your luck at the Dewbye one!
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you try your luck at the Dewbye one!
I don't want to take the risk - I still have nightmares about the cankles I saw at the last one.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 6:54 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why?

What did you see?

A group of tanned, shiny women with bling bling clearly on much bigger packages than you,

or

A group of pasty faced, bovine housewives from midlands suburbs whose husbands struck gold by being mistaken for a skilled manager in whatever industry they worked in.

Originally Posted by MataHari
lol...I was lured into going to a coffee morning once...I literally walked in and back out again...I am sure that's wrong of me and I should have given it a chance but I didn't...
Old Oct 5th 2010, 7:04 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Why?

What did you see?

A group of tanned, shiny women with bling bling clearly on much bigger packages than you,

or

A group of pasty faced, bovine housewives from midlands suburbs whose husbands struck gold by being mistaken for a skilled manager in whatever industry they worked in.
well, Mirdif isn't exactly known for it's 'glamour' content, so obviously not the former...and I have no idea about what their husbands did, as that is normally not something I am interested in, it's not really relevant is it?...they just didn't look like the type of women that I would like to spend time with, but like I said, I didn't wait around to find out if I was right...
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs P tells me they weren't a particularly friendly bunch there....
Old Oct 5th 2010, 11:17 am
ex-expat

Mrs P tells me they weren't a particularly friendly bunch there....
Why not start up her own playdate? It's a sure-fire way to find people similar to her... basically, those who feel they don't "fit in" for whatever reason never come back and those that do, do... auto-selection!

There are loads of groups around and it's a real pick'n'mix... people of similar origins/ backgrounds/ interests tend to congregate together so you'll find that each group has its own "flavour". There are some that I don't go to because I don't feel I fit, others where I do and others still where it's borderline.
Old Oct 5th 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Why not start up her own playdate? It's a sure-fire way to find people similar to her...

It's a thought....the British-Nigerian Mum's Group

Entry requirements are your credit card number and the magic 3 digits number on the back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.