Is it enough???

Old Jun 20th 2012, 5:02 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
LMMB2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it enough???

Hello

My husband has potentially been offered a job with Qatar Airways and would be working within a fairly senior role at the new airport...I think Grade 10 the package although not confirmed would be 40/45000 per month an allowance for education we have three children and an allowance for housing. What should we expect, what to look out for etc etc any feedback would be appreciated we are from the UK.

Could we live and save on that amount?
LMMB2012 is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2012, 6:35 pm
  #2  
You read these things?
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,261
auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it enough???

Originally Posted by LMMB2012 View Post
Hello

My husband has potentially been offered a job with Qatar Airways and would be working within a fairly senior role at the new airport...I think Grade 10 the package although not confirmed would be 40/45000 per month an allowance for education we have three children and an allowance for housing. What should we expect, what to look out for etc etc any feedback would be appreciated we are from the UK.

Could we live and save on that amount?
I don't live in Qatar myself, but I think the main issue with education over there isn't so much the allowances, but the severe lack of places.
auzdafluff is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:06 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
LMMB2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it enough???

Yes it appears to be very difficult to gain a school place. I have researched this and if we make the move I would be keen On Park House or British Montessori ( although believe the list for there is now closed). I know that Sherbourne have places in Year 6 however this appears to be far more expensive than other schools.
LMMB2012 is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:40 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 2,675
Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it enough???

Originally Posted by LMMB2012 View Post
Yes it appears to be very difficult to gain a school place. I have researched this and if we make the move I would be keen On Park House or British Montessori ( although believe the list for there is now closed). I know that Sherbourne have places in Year 6 however this appears to be far more expensive than other schools.
Sorry to say, but from what I hear, both schools are crap..no experience myself though. If you want good, go to DESS, Compass , Doha College or ASD.
If money is an issue, sorry to say, if you value your kids education, you are pretty much screwed.
On the other hand, it also depends on what kind of standard you expect.

For more info on this, go to www.expatwoman.com
The Qatar branch.
Alexa is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2012, 7:56 pm
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
LMMB2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it enough???

Thank you for your replies with regards to schools I take on board what people are saying.

What about salary 0f 40,000/45,000 QR per month does that sound any good he has been told education and housing allowances will be provoded.

Many Thanks
LMMB2012 is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:18 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
Oyibopeppeh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,308
Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it enough???

Originally Posted by LMMB2012 View Post

What about salary 0f 40,000/45,000 QR per month does that sound any good he has been told education and housing allowances will be provoded.
Being "told" something and seeing it materialize are two different things. He should get it confirmed in writing and preferably in a contract of employment.

If the 40/45K is net salary, that's pretty good.
Oyibopeppeh is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:56 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
LMMB2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it enough???

Thank you for replies..yes would ensure all was in writing before signing.
LMMB2012 is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2012, 6:57 am
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 585
Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all
Default Re: Is it enough???

Originally Posted by LMMB2012 View Post
Thank you for your replies with regards to schools I take on board what people are saying.

What about salary 0f 40,000/45,000 QR per month does that sound any good he has been told education and housing allowances will be provoded.

Many Thanks
As a base salary excluding housing and education yes it is good
Mogs is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2012, 7:42 am
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,536
mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it enough???

You need them to confirm in writing exactly how much the housing and education allowances will be.
mentalist is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:54 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
co durham boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,921
co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it enough???

"Does this sound enough money? 40000/45000qr per month and an education allowance and housing allowance will obviously get any offers confirmed in writing. Also wanted to ask this forum in particular as have also posted on some other ones where answers appear to be rather sarcastic to say the least. How do people in particular from the UK compare schools to UK state system I realise difficulty of gaining places but once you do how would you say they are in comparison. Know it is difficult to say as each individual school will be different but do you find your children happy at school and achieving as much as they did at home. I would very much appreciate any shared experiences. Thank you "


I think she means us as in sarcastic......
co durham boy is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:06 pm
  #11  
Kix
Nothing doin' here
 
Kix's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,508
Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is it enough???

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
"Does this sound enough money? 40000/45000qr per month and an education allowance and housing allowance will obviously get any offers confirmed in writing. Also wanted to ask this forum in particular as have also posted on some other ones where answers appear to be rather sarcastic to say the least. How do people in particular from the UK compare schools to UK state system I realise difficulty of gaining places but once you do how would you say they are in comparison. Know it is difficult to say as each individual school will be different but do you find your children happy at school and achieving as much as they did at home. I would very much appreciate any shared experiences. Thank you "


I think she means us as in sarcastic......
It got better...

I know what you mean about sarcastic responses - some forums are more caustic than others - this one seems to be nice and friendly though so I've given up with one or two of the others
EW friendly???? PMSL, there's mostly jumped up busybodies on there than like nothing better than pushing their noses into other peoples business...
Kix is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:28 pm
  #12  
BE Forum Addict
 
co durham boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,921
co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it enough???

Originally Posted by Kix View Post
It got better...



EW friendly???? PMSL, there's mostly jumped up busybodies on there than like nothing better than pushing their noses into other peoples business...

Mate , they're the most naive bunch of people on the planet , the shit that goes on that forum is amazing

They're so far out of touch it's unreal , most of them probably need a good shagging as their husbands are usually hanging out the back of the maid !

Living the dream as they say............
co durham boy is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2012, 2:12 pm
  #13  
BE Forum Addict
 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 2,675
Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it enough???

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
Mate , they're the most naive bunch of people on the planet , the shit that goes on that forum is amazing

They're so far out of touch it's unreal , most of them probably need a good shagging as their husbands are usually hanging out the back of the maid !

Living the dream as they say............
Actually the EW Doha forum is VERY different from the Dubai one....
Alexa is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 1:07 pm
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
 
co durham boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,921
co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it enough???

Originally Posted by Alexa View Post
Actually the EW Doha forum is VERY different from the Dubai one....
More anal...
co durham boy is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 2:26 pm
  #15  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 22
LMMB2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is it enough???

I wonder why if some people dislike the "other" forum that they bother taking the time to read it!!!
LMMB2012 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.