British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   England v Brazil match (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/england-v-brazil-match-632553/)

eylesda Sep 25th 2009 12:45 pm

England v Brazil match

Anyone in Qatar have information about buying tickets, or can help to buy 2 tickets, for the England V Brazil match Novemebr 14th?

commander Sep 27th 2009 11:54 am

Re: England v Brazil match

errrrr nope

dub Oct 4th 2009 4:21 pm

I'm also looking for tixs but not noticed any on sale yet. will keep my eyes open.

What sort of capacity does the stadium have?

eylesda Oct 4th 2009 9:24 pm

According to the web 50,000.

I'm surprised there is so little info about the match. I'm not a soccer follower
but my son is so I thought it a great opportunity for him.

deangrant Oct 5th 2009 7:54 am

Hi All,

I did find some tickets on a website called worldticket server, but Im not paying 250EUR per ticket, as thats laughable. Surely there must be a way that they can be purchased locally. Or better still if anyone in Kuwait knows how to get tickets, please let me know.

Thanks

commander Oct 5th 2009 8:11 am

Originally Posted by eylesda (Post 7989055)
According to the web 50,000.

I'm surprised there is so little info about the match. I'm not a soccer follower
but my son is so I thought it a great opportunity for him.

sure he doesnt follow football?

eylesda Oct 5th 2009 8:49 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7989994)
sure he doesnt follow football?

"Association football, more commonly known as football or soccer, is a team sport played between two teams of eleven players using a spherical ball. Association football is the most popular football variant worldwide, and is widely considered to be the most popular sport in the world."

And what point are you trying to make?

commander Oct 5th 2009 9:04 am

Originally Posted by eylesda (Post 7990041)
"Association football, more commonly known as football or soccer, is a team sport played between two teams of eleven players using a spherical ball. Association football is the most popular football variant worldwide, and is widely considered to be the most popular sport in the world."

And what point are you trying to make?

football is football, soccer is a name that ****wit yanks decided to call football because they already have a stupid game called american football and the world revolves around America.

actually, i dont know what point i am attempting to make. Do i have to make a point or something?

Bull Oct 5th 2009 10:40 am

Can't wait to see this match!

lionheart Oct 5th 2009 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Bull (Post 7990230)
Can't wait to see this match!

Why on earth would you want to see two national reserve teams avoiding hard tackling and just show-boating for the idiots who pay to see such rubbish? International friendlies are a complete waste of time.

dub Oct 9th 2009 4:55 pm

THAT Might be the case but we're starved of decent live sports in the region so an england friendly is an attractive proposition esp v Brazil.

Still no luck in finding tickets though.

The Dean Oct 9th 2009 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7990363)
Why on earth would you want to see two national reserve teams avoiding hard tackling and just show-boating for the idiots who pay to see such rubbish? International friendlies are a complete waste of time.

You could be right, although presumably there will be a number of full-strength XIs used in friendlies prior to next summer in Seff Effrikker.

Might as well get some benefit out of it, such as starting to eliminate one or two strikers from contention for next year's squad (there will probably only be room for four). Rooney, Crouch, Heskey, Cole, Defoe, Walcott, Young, Bent....... half of those need to be weeded out.

Wide players.... Beckham, Lennon, Wright-Phillips, Milner, Downing... they can't all go.

Players will find themselves playing not to be dropped, rather than to be selected, if you follow me.

sunkrz Oct 16th 2009 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by eylesda (Post 7964418)
Anyone in Qatar have information about buying tickets, or can help to buy 2 tickets, for the England V Brazil match Novemebr 14th?

Hi If you wana tkts for Eng. Brazil I need ur Name and Dob.then i can buy for you ,at £100 each,thx

sunkrz Oct 16th 2009 10:01 pm

I can buy 4 tkts for eng-brazil match at doha ,£100 each,

mikejepson Oct 17th 2009 2:48 am

Are your England Brazil tickets still available, I'm very interested and will be in Qatar when the match is on. I'm a big fan and just need tickets, anywhere, any how! Thanks

eylesda Oct 17th 2009 5:27 am

Originally Posted by sunkrz (Post 8022563)

How do I pay for them? On collection?

Thanks.

sunkrz Oct 17th 2009 4:49 pm

I will buy for you
tkts available 10 days before game

Originally Posted by eylesda (Post 8023207)
How do I pay for them? On collection?

Thanks.

markhighpeak Oct 19th 2009 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by sunkrz (Post 8022555)
Hi If you wana tkts for Eng. Brazil I need ur Name and Dob.then i can buy for you ,at £100 each,thx

Do you want my bank account details and passwords at the same time ???? This is an British board, we don't fall for scams like this :)

rowell Oct 20th 2009 4:05 am

Originally Posted by markhighpeak (Post 8028257)
Do you want my bank account details and passwords at the same time ???? This is an British board, we don't fall for scams like this :)

Minor correction.........it is called Britishexpats but is far from nor intended to be a British Board, and of course it could well be scam but it also may be someone trying to help, however the posters concerned have been sent PM's

markhighpeak Oct 20th 2009 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 8029495)
Minor correction.........it is called Britishexpats but is far from nor intended to be a British Board, and of course it could well be scam but it also may be someone trying to help, however the posters concerned have been sent PM's

Let's wait and see, but someone with 3 posts asking for money sounds suspicious, unless of course he is from Nigeria and his dad has loads of tickets and he needs some cash sending to him to gain access.

Maybe it is someone trying to help, but on this occasion, I'll wait until they actually go on sale first. :fingerscrossed:

eylesda Oct 25th 2009 8:24 am

Thanks Rowell.

Still no luck getting tickets and don't fancy the idea of us turning up without them.

Tales coming back from UK that the managers are dead against their star players coming out but my lad still wants to go if only for the experience.

Any help will be gratefully received.

commander Oct 26th 2009 2:32 am

Originally Posted by sunkrz (Post 8022563)

100GBP for a ticket...you have just got to be shitting me~~~

Millsyisland Oct 28th 2009 6:04 pm

For those of you that are not aware, tickets are now on sale for this match (bought mine today) through a link on the Qatari FA website:

http://en.qfa.com.qa/topics/index.as...1&temp_type=44

Prices seem to start at QAR100 and go up to about 700.

I'll be arriving in Doha early on the Saturday afternoon, so can anyone in the area recommend a bar for a few drinks and something to eat, that won't object to someone in a football shirt?

eylesda Oct 30th 2009 9:48 am

Thanks for that, just used the link and bought our tickets.:)

admon Oct 30th 2009 3:15 pm

Surprisingly, the seats seem to be selling quick - or maybe some are being 'held back'.

nogoingback Nov 2nd 2009 11:34 am

For a few drinks before the match probably the only place you would get in to would be the 1st floor bar in the old RAMADA, but remember all bars open at 5pm and you need your passport to get in to any bar in Qatar.
If you try restaurants in the major hotels you will be okay before 5 if you have food eg plate of chips.

Kiara Nov 4th 2009 8:13 pm

Nogoingback is right. Ramada bar is the best bet bet, unless you have friends who are members of the Rugby club :thumbup:

Traffic will be hell getting to Aspire. I'd allow about 2 hrs for taxi and entry to grounds, so that only gives you one hr to drink :beer: Welcome to Qatar.

I have spare tickets if anyone needs them. To all the skeptics: the Brazilians have named a strong team, and the match is sold out. Given that Qatar sports a predominantly British expat community, and most of the locals go for Brazil, I’d say we’re in for a long, noisy night.

p.s. see you back at the Ramada after the game, I’m off to buy a yellow jersy and some musical horns :p

eylesda Nov 4th 2009 8:39 pm

Well, we are looking forward to the match whoever the teams consist of!

What a fantastic match for a kid of 12 who, so far, has only seen and participated in local matches at Bahrain rugby club.

Kiara, what tickets do you have? I got 2 behind goal at QR 100 and at that price am a bit sceptical.

Millsyisland Nov 5th 2009 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Kiara (Post 8071446)
Traffic will be hell getting to Aspire. I'd allow about 2 hrs for taxi and entry to grounds, so that only gives you one hr to drink :beer: Welcome to Qatar.

Bugger!!

Thanks for the advice though, I think we'll leave for the stadium slightly earlier than anticipated! I expect it'll be chaos after the match too, trying to get a taxi back to the airport?

admon Nov 5th 2009 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Kiara (Post 8071446)
and the match is sold out.

pants on fire.
Tickets still available online right now.

eylesda Nov 7th 2009 7:27 am

Now we've got the tickets sorted, the flights booked and the hotel booked........what is the procedure for visas?

We are both English with UK passports travelling from Bahrain on Gulf Air.

Can we get them on arrival and if so how?

I just saw this on the "OnlineQatar" site whilst looking for visa info

"Visitors on tourist visas must fly in using Qatar Airways."

Thanks in advance.

MAV_DXB Nov 7th 2009 11:08 am

You pay at immigration at Doha airport - I can't remember how much though.

You don't have to fly with Qatar airways, I fly Emirates when going to Qatar.

Kiara Nov 11th 2009 9:50 am

Tourist Visa 100 QAR (approx 16 GPB). Pay by credit card at visa gate is best. Prob UK notes taken too, not sure.

Kiara Nov 11th 2009 10:04 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 8073077)
pants on fire.
Tickets still available online right now.

My pants are always on fire Mister :devil_smile:

ok ok so as of 2pm today there are 17 tickets in A16 still available, and about 300 right up the back behind the goal, which is pretty slim pickings in a stadium of 50,000. Next time i'll be sure to say 99.366% sold out :p

I HAD 2 surplus tickets in good position, but don't worry, I've already passed them on at cost :)

admon Nov 11th 2009 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Kiara (Post 8089758)
My pants are always on fire Mister :devil_smile:

ok ok so as of 2pm today there are 17 tickets in A16 still available, and about 300 right up the back behind the goal, which is pretty slim pickings in a stadium of 50,000. Next time i'll be sure to say 99.366% sold out :p

I HAD 2 surplus tickets in good position, but don't worry, I've already passed them on at cost :)

Don't get your knockers in a twist with me.
At the time of your post there was still over 5000 tickets left. Which would have made it under 90%.
If you are going to be pedantic, at least get your facts straight.

Kiara Nov 11th 2009 10:53 am

Originally Posted by admon (Post 8089778)
Don't get your knockers in a twist with me.
At the time of your post there was still over 5000 tickets left. Which would have made it under 90%.
If you are going to be pedantic, at least get your facts straight.

I love a man telling me to get MY facts straight. Did you count more than 5000 tickets? I can just see you checking the 17 right now, oops they're gone. Maybe someone read my last post and snapped em up.

You are right, next time I won't be so pedantic and shall just refer to it as "sold out". Right after attempting to tie my knockers in a twist, which is very unlikely by the way.

Has it occurred to you that "sold out" was a calculated comment on 5th Nov based on rate of sale of available tickets? By your own admission (two posts before that) they were selling fast, and it seems my prediction is about to be fulfilled and the match will in fact be sold out. Maybe I can foresee the future?

"I hereby predict that Admon is going to post another reply attempting to prove that Kiara was at least 10% wrong."

So there you go, prove me wrong, big guy.

Kiara Nov 11th 2009 11:07 am

Originally Posted by eylesda (Post 8071515)
Kiara, what tickets do you have? I got 2 behind goal at QR 100 and at that price am a bit sceptical.

Hi Eylesda, what do you mean by sceptical? Tickets in east stand were only 150QAR. I agree that behind the goal may not be such a good position, but mostly you (and kids) coming for the experience right? So any tickets are good. If your coming from Bahrain, and spending money on plane tickets, then 100 or 150 is very little for tickets. I'm not convinced that the 500 or 700 tickets offer relatively better value, but would be a significant cost for full family.

I hope you all enjoy the game.

eylesda Nov 11th 2009 11:34 am

Hi Kiara,

Did'nt mean to ruffle any feathers, by sceptical I meant that the tickets are so reasonably priced and for a sell out match of some of the best players in the world that I had my doubts as to the seat location.

Of course I'm comparing with European prices.

You are right, I am taking my son for the experience and QR 100 is nothing compared with the cost of the flights and hotel. I will be looking for better tickets when I get there Saturday mid day so if anyone has a couple for sale then pls let me know.

My son has been reading on various blogs about some expected violence between rival mobs of fans. Let's hope this is just rumour.

And, yes, we will enjoy the game and the time spent together.

Cheers.

admon Nov 11th 2009 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Kiara (Post 8089841)
I love a man telling me to get MY facts straight. Did you count more than 5000 tickets? I can just see you checking the 17 right now, oops they're gone. Maybe someone read my last post and snapped em up.

You are right, next time I won't be so pedantic and shall just refer to it as "sold out". Right after attempting to tie my knockers in a twist, which is very unlikely by the way.

Has it occurred to you that "sold out" was a calculated comment on 5th Nov based on rate of sale of available tickets? By your own admission (two posts before that) they were selling fast, and it seems my prediction is about to be fulfilled and the match will in fact be sold out. Maybe I can foresee the future?

"I hereby predict that Admon is going to post another reply attempting to prove that Kiara was at least 10% wrong."

So there you go, prove me wrong, big guy.

At the time of your 'sold out' post 5th November, there were more than 5000 seats still available. You stated ''the match is sold out''.
Not ''its going to be'' or ''its likely to be''

Typical bloody woman, lets forget about the facts and create some gossip.
Stop being a plank.

Kiara Nov 11th 2009 8:19 pm

I will be very surprised if there is any violence. Unlike Bahrain, the police in Qatar take a complete zero tolerance to violence, profanities and being drunk in public. Unless (by some stroke of the Devil) they decide to serve alcohol in a restricted area outside the stadium (why???), I just can't see how people will be able to drink, and get to the game drunk. It's going to take hours to get there in a car, and by then you would be sober. You can go early and get there in 30 min, but the result is the same by game time.

English fans need to be aware of being in a Muslim country, which prohibits being drunk in public. The pseudo-standard response from the police is ONE MONTH IN JAIL followed by immediate deportation. Forget trial and defence, if you are drunk in public you go to straight jail (deliberately using US spelling to avoid football pun). Unless, again, the police decide to take a liberal view on this one night, and I can't see why they would given that many locals will be there too, and families like yours.

I doubt you'll be able to swap your ticket. All mine are gone, but there are still some on Qatar Living – classifieds, at a premium. Contrary to various rants above, the match really is sold out now. (see proof here admon) http://buy.tickethour.com/qfa-ww/showProductList.html, so good luck and I hope you don’t get screwed. How many do you need? I know many people with tickets and they may have some spare, but really I think you are best to just go with the tickets you have.