Old Jan 5th 2021, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

eastrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation End of the Blockade

So far all warm hugs around.....

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...mmit-live-news

Old Jan 5th 2021, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of the Blockade

Prosaically, that website is blocked in the UAE...
Old Jan 5th 2021, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Three years too late for me.

The blockade began a few months after I was forced to transfer to Doha and which I only agreed to upon the knowledge I'd be flying back to the UAE every other weekend or so. I actually had flight tickets to Dubai the weekend the blockade began.

All those lost R&R weekends in Dubai certainly did much to make my time in Doha enjoyable
Old Jan 5th 2021, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

psychopomp1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by csdf
Prosaically, that website is blocked in the UAE...
Try this
https://www.dohanews.co/breaking-ful...ar-gcc-states/
Old Jan 5th 2021, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Three years too late for me.

The blockade began a few months after I was forced to transfer to Doha and which I only agreed to upon the knowledge I'd be flying back to the UAE every other weekend or so. I actually had flight tickets to Dubai the weekend the blockade began.

All those lost R&R weekends in Dubai certainly did much to make my time in Doha enjoyable
For me, the lifting of the blockade has come at the perfect time. I left my previous job in Doha a month or so before the blockade kicked in (Summer 2017). I am now about to return to Qatar on a new assignment, this means i can visit Bahrain/Dubai via road. Bit of a long drive, but I don't mind
Old Jan 5th 2021, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psychopomp1
For me, the lifting of the blockade has come at the perfect time. I left my previous job in Doha a month or so before the blockade kicked in (Summer 2017). I am now about to return to Qatar on a new assignment, this means i can visit Bahrain/Dubai via road. Bit of a long drive, but I don't mind
Why drive? Flights were dirt cheap. Is the desert really that scenic
Old Jan 5th 2021, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Why drive? Flights were dirt cheap. Is the desert really that scenic
Yeah I know its far more convenient to fly but I prefer to drive, as its more of an adventure. Time isn't an issue
Old Jan 6th 2021, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I know its far more convenient to fly but I prefer to drive, as its more of an adventure. Time isn't an issue
How long does it take? Doha to DXB? Or Manama?
Old Jan 11th 2021, 5:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I'd thoroughly enjoy that trip as well.