Reload this Page >

British School in AbuDhabi

British School in AbuDhabi

Old Jan 4th 2021, 12:59 am
Just Joined

RianK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British School in AbuDhabi

Dear All:

I am considering a move to AbuDhabi and need some opinion about British school in Abudhabi. We are British family currently living in Malaysia. My daughter is in year 3 ( 8 year old) and we would like to continue her in British School.

Appreciate if someone can share what are the best British schools and what is the general perception about education quality in these schools. I prefer a school with more international attendance and strong academic push. Are the kids getting enough international exposure in these schools or more of local content.

Kind regards.
Old Jan 4th 2021, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British School in AbuDhabi

there's a good choice:-
I'd personally rank them

1. BSAK - original Brit School on the island - perfect for our kids (but they were only there in primary years but they did share classes with important locals - my dad's got a Bugatti etc)
2. Brighton College - nicer sport shirts than BSAK - a kind of maroon and blue hoop
T3. Repton/Cranleigh - new linked to private schools, pricey
5. BISAD - perception poor relation to others. Off the island. Attended a few sports events there and it looked fine.

but very subjective and there's a chance I may not know what I'm talking about.

But to repeat - there's a good choice.

Good luck with the move.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

BSAK, Cranleigh and Brighton all get outstanding results in the ADEK reviews (which you can find online if you want to read them).
Old Jan 5th 2021, 7:22 am
Just Joined

RianK is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for all the inputs. Any idea which school will have a better representation of expat attendance? I got some feedback of strong local cultural influence in some of the schools and just wanted to know if its specific to a school or across the board.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Schools all have pupils from a wide variety of backgrounds. That includes schools catering for children of those from an English-speaking background. If you find a multi-cultural background hard to accept this may not be the place to educate your children.

Last edited by scot47; Jan 5th 2021 at 8:10 am.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Originally Posted by RianK
Many thanks for all the inputs. Any idea which school will have a better representation of expat attendance? I got some feedback of strong local cultural influence in some of the schools and just wanted to know if its specific to a school or across the board.
To be honest, I've never heard that. In fact, I think it's mostly the opposite, local language/culture studies seem to be tacked on as a box ticking exercise in most of the ex-pat focused schools.
Old Jan 5th 2021, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RianK
when you say expat, do you mean White British Atheists or are Indians allowed? All Brit schools are full of those unwhite people.

Old Jan 5th 2021, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I was waiting for you to chip in with that comment.
Old Jan 6th 2021, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
I was waiting for you to chip in with that comment.
Well, it's the real question that is being asked.

Old Jan 11th 2021, 5:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
when you say expat, do you mean White British Atheists or are Indians allowed? All Brit schools are full of those unwhite people.
What he said, and don't be fooled by the tours either.

High white kid percentage classes are at the start of the corridors so on your tour, you look in and see Timmy, Jimmy and Kelly all sat at the front, big smiles. Reality is your precious nipper might be 4 rooms down with Ahmed, Ahmad, Pradeep and Sanjay.

Not saying it's bad, just that this sort of thing happens to appeal to those who would prefer white bread to 50:50.

Old Jan 11th 2021, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
What he said, and don't be fooled by the tours either.

High white kid percentage classes are at the start of the corridors so on your tour, you look in and see Timmy, Jimmy and Kelly all sat at the front, big smiles. Reality is your precious nipper might be 4 rooms down with Ahmed, Ahmad, Pradeep and Sanjay.

Not saying it's bad, just that this sort of thing happens to appeal to those who would prefer white bread to 50:50.
I'd be so pissed if I was paying for Anna and getting Anjum.

Oh wait... I am!
Old Jan 11th 2021, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Opposite happens in the UK.

Pawing through Sussex Life there's adverts for the various independent schools. All races are represented in the images of the brats milling around the hallowed halls of academia.

but then only the white ones are allowed to do the coolest stuff...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...broadcast.html

Old Jan 11th 2021, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by flares

Pawing through Sussex Life there's adverts for the various independent schools. All races are represented in the images of the brats milling around the hallowed halls of academia.

but then only the white ones are allowed to do the coolest stuff...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...broadcast.html
Knowing how my wife (and many other Africans) think, she will be horrified at the thought of sending her kids to a school with so many Africans.

"I pay all this money for the British experience, and I get this?"
Old Jan 11th 2021, 9:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'd be so pissed if I was paying for Anna and getting Anjum.

Oh wait... I am!

Originally Posted by flares

Even a ****ing ginger.