Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates ID Card: Deadline No 372

Emirates ID Card: Deadline No 372

Old Sep 9th 2012, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all
Default Re: Emirates ID Card: Deadline No 372

Needed mine to receive a DHL package, however overseas they wouldn't accept it because it was in arabic but they did accept an expired drivers licence
Old Sep 9th 2012, 5:45 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

I've used mine twice in the last week once for a local hotel stay as i didn't have passport as in for visa renewal and also for dhl delivery
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
why? because its a money making scam (do you still need an alcohol license- yes, do you still need a passport- yes, can these be forged - yes) there is absolutely no benefit to having one of these other than for the giovernment who is making money from it and making the little people conform to what the bigwigs say and I don't like having to give personal DNA (fingerprints) over when I am just working here. Big Brother watching every step- hate it! I don't agree with them in the UK and I don't agree with them here.
Yeah the UAE govt desperately need my 300 dirhams....
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

SS you jest but 7000000 (population of UAE) x 300 - will pay of a few of the locals driving fines- not sure what the renewal cost is....
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

SS you jest but 7000000 (population of UAE) x 300 - will pay of a few of the locals driving fines- not sure what the renewal cost is....
Company paid for mine because it's compulsory.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

lucky you scampy!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

lucky you scampy!
More fool you for not making them.

It became enforced properly after I moved here and I told them I wouldn't pay for it because it's compulsory and I wasn't warned about it before moving here....despite it having been going on for ages.

Just make someone else pay.

Although I doubt the 300 dizzers is your main issue with the ID card.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp I am a crap negotiator and its 'against our company policy' - so tough shit for me- but again the money isnt my only issue!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:30 am
Account Closed

Scamp I am a crap negotiator and its 'against our company policy' - so tough shit for me- but again the money isnt my only issue!
Fair enough, maybe I was lucky.

I know why you don't like them, I get it. I just think you've probably got other shit to worry about, like when you're going to give me money so I can go on safari.

Stop being selfish.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Kittykat, my employers pay hardly anything beyond salary, housing and homeward flights but they DO pay for my ID and that of my family because it's a government requirement, just like procuring and renewing our UAE visas. Run it past them one more time.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scamp- ok ill pay for you to go on safari if you buy me a house in London- deal?
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:32 am
Account Closed

scamp- ok ill pay for you to go on safari if you buy me a house in London- deal?
DEAL.

Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would be happy in a lego house actualy- be kinda quirky- so you need to make it big enoughf orme tolive in and in anice part of london- im thinking Richmond or Putney way please

and heres your safari accommodation http://www.google.com/imgres?q=playm...9,r:1,s:0,i:92

and some of the animals you may be lucky enough to see http://www.google.com/imgres?q=playm...6&tx=125&ty=69
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mentalist- tried- failed- given up! got sick of bashing my head against a wall
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:39 am
Account Closed

I would be happy in a lego house actualy- be kinda quirky- so you need to make it big enoughf orme tolive in and in anice part of london- im thinking Richmond or Putney way please

and heres your safari accommodation http://www.google.com/imgres?q=playm...9,r:1,s:0,i:92

and some of the animals you may be lucky enough to see http://www.google.com/imgres?q=playm...6&tx=125&ty=69
This is looking like a fair deal to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.