Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emigrating to Dubai?

Emigrating to Dubai?

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

chubby has a brilliant futurechubby has a brilliant futurechubby has a brilliant futurechubby has a brilliant futurechubby has a brilliant futurechubby has a brilliant futurechubby has a brilliant future
Smile Emigrating to Dubai?

Hi everyone, My wife and i (both 37) are looking at emigrating to Dubai after taking holidays there for the past 3 years. Can anybody with experience help guide us in the right direction with regard to searching for employment and indeed how the whole emigration process works? We also have a 12 year old daughter who we would need to settle into the education system. I have 20 years Production and Sales experience within the Printing Industry and my wife has 10 years experience in Business Development in the IT industry. CV's can be forwarded to any interested parties. Look forward to hearing from anyone that can help. Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Peterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nice
Default Re: Emigrating to Dubai?

Originally Posted by chubby
Hi everyone, My wife and i (both 37) are looking at emigrating to Dubai after taking holidays there for the past 3 years. Can anybody with experience help guide us in the right direction with regard to searching for employment and indeed how the whole emigration process works? We also have a 12 year old daughter who we would need to settle into the education system. I have 20 years Production and Sales experience within the Printing Industry and my wife has 10 years experience in Business Development in the IT industry. CV's can be forwarded to any interested parties. Look forward to hearing from anyone that can help. Thanks
Welcome to the Club.

You will find that we are all a Nice Friendly Group here at the British Expats Forum.

My Wife and Daughter (13 years old) has told me to say Hello to you and wish you a Very Happy New Year.

Best Regards From:

Peter,Genet and June.

Last edited by Peterrod; Jan 2nd 2006 at 8:40 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chubby

Hi

Not sure if this is still available to do but if you purchase a new property (off plan) then the developer will sponsor you and you receive a permanent residency visa. Some developments are coming to completion so this would not need to take long.

If its a joint purchase then you might get one for each of you, then you can sponsor you child across.

Again, not sure if this route is closed or still available.
Cant help on the job front but if you have PR it should not be too difficult.

Good Luck!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:55 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tincx
Hi

Not sure if this is still available to do but if you purchase a new property (off plan) then the developer will sponsor you and you receive a permanent residency visa. Some developments are coming to completion so this would not need to take long.

If its a joint purchase then you might get one for each of you, then you can sponsor you child across.
Good Luck!

This has never actually happened...
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

trailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TA5
This has never actually happened...
I know an Australian couple who moved here in September into a new apartment at the Marina and he got his residency (through the developer) last month and his wife's visa is currently being processed. They said it went very smoothly. However I believe that if you intend to work, you have to get your visa through your employer.

Also, do take some legal advice on the issue of joint ownership. I have heard conflicting advice on how foreign wills are viewed in the event of the death of one of the owners. Some people have created offshore companies to own their properties in order to ensure that there is no problem for the surviving spouse in such a situation.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:11 am
W10

I was given to understand that it entitles you to residency, but not a labour card.

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:14 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I was given to understand that it entitles you to residency, but not a labour card.
I was given to understand that that is correct!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

trailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant futuretrailingspouse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MJC
I was given to understand that that is correct!
Yes, the couple I know came here to retire. That's why I said that if you intend to work I think you need to get your residence visa (and therefore your labour card) through your employer. I was responding to TA5 who said no one had yet got their residence visa through property ownership.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:45 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trailingspouse
I was responding to TA5 who said no one had yet got their residence visa through property ownership.
But he always says he's never wrong?

But on the other hand he is a septic!!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MJC
But he always says he's never wrong?

But on the other hand he is a septic!!
You know what they say - all generalizations are false!

"Septic"?
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:00 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by trailingspouse

"Septic"
As in tank!

Oh come on what nationality rhymes with "tank"????
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MJC
As in tank!

Oh come on what nationality rhymes with "tank"????
Aah. Thought you couldn't spell skeptic . . . but maybe he's that too.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 5:29 am