A+E in Abu Dhabi

Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A+E in Abu Dhabi

yes al noor airport road is the nearest to kca but they do have a health centre, so perhaps if it was daytime and depending on circumstances you could go there, same with mangrove, there is a new health centre opening in between the bridges, both grey buildings so depending on circumstances, as GDC would be too far in a proper emergency, al noor is closest and easy to dump the car and run.....!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all the info people..

fyi my daughter is not even at the crawling stage, daddy did not observe the 3 points of contact rule whilst carrying her up to bed. that coupled with my homer simpson slippers...a disaster waiting to happen..Doh!!!

gave us the fright of our lives...
Old Aug 8th 2008, 8:05 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
thanks for all the info people..

fyi my daughter is not even at the crawling stage, daddy did not observe the 3 points of contact rule whilst carrying her up to bed. that coupled with my homer simpson slippers...a disaster waiting to happen..Doh!!!

gave us the fright of our lives...

Rachel fell down three marble stairs in her baby walker, I can still see it happening now, I was about a second behind her
Old Aug 8th 2008, 9:01 pm
tdd
Just Joined

tdd is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad she is Ok, so scary when things like that happen, i once had to do a dash to hospital with my son and feel sick about it years later.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i never did any babyproofing in my house...if you do, you're just shit scared when you go anywhere else...mine both lived to tell the tale...

MM, xx
Hear, hear MM. I've got 4 tough, healthy and albeit battle scarred kids. You need to know where the local A + E is, but to be honest, mine have been through the wars - hit by a bus, teeth through lip from falling off the climbing frame, chunks out of head from spades, dislocated shoulders, teeth knocked out, eaten toadstools, burnt hair from trying to cook dinner (this one was three at the time), bouncing down stairs head first (got some carpet eventually) and that's the stuff I know about - but they survived.

I had a free and empowering childhood and I wanted my hooligans to have the same. When they said they wanted to be Batman or dig their way through the sand outside 'to see what's underneath', I gave them a sandwich and drink and said I'd see them in a year or two! Unfortunately, many of us are too worried now about giving them freedom to live and learn (obviously this has to be age appropriate) but wrapping our kids in cotton wool doesn't do them any favours either. So the most important thing is to give them freedom, go with the gut and get help when it's needed and then leave them to get on with exploring and learning. And have your medical emergency services listed on the fridge door and in the car's sat nav.

My doctor used to look forward to our visits and said it made his day to see a gaggle of filthy, battered, tough kids (and half the neighbourhood kids who'd come as well) come through his door. He'd patch them up, give them a lollipop to rot their teeth and send them on their way with a 'I am brave' sticker.

Yep, I'd tend to agree with the recommendations - Khalifa Hospital is fantastic, Al Noor - excellent. If you are even further out in the sticks, Mafraq is also great.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

cherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to all

I don't wrap my kids in cotton wool either, far from it, and they all have their fair share of battle scars but a good fall down a marble staircase can, at the worst, kill and at the least hurt a lot. Personally, I don't want to put my daughter through that. Its great to let them have their freedom to learn and discover new things and yes, they will experience some pain and hurt from some of the ridiculous things they do along the way but I certainly don't think I am an overprotective mother because I don't feel the need to let my daughter take a tumble down a marble staircase.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherrypie1
I don't wrap my kids in cotton wool either, far from it, and they all have their fair share of battle scars but a good fall down a marble staircase can, at the worst, kill and at the least hurt a lot. Personally, I don't want to put my daughter through that. Its great to let them have their freedom to learn and discover new things and yes, they will experience some pain and hurt from some of the ridiculous things they do along the way but I certainly don't think I am an overprotective mother because I don't feel the need to let my daughter take a tumble down a marble staircase.
couldnt agree more. I should take squirtys advice and instead of wearing slippers, don a some banana skins on the off chance that i slip again and maybe break her skull, that will toughen her up!! she is a baby FFS, she needs to have her fair share of scars, bumps and breaks

then when my kids grow into brats i can say, well i never wrapped them in cotton wool, thats why they act the way they do now...

brilliant parenting.........the eteranal UAE Expat way, well when in rome i suppose
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't let my daughter fall down a marble stair case, it was a accident! what sort of Mother do you think I am
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I didn't let my daughter fall down a marble stair case, it was a accident! what sort of Mother do you think I am
i dont think that is what she is referring to....
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:22 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
i dont think that is what she is referring to....
ok sorry, I must have got a bit confused
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

cherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to all

Take a pill, if you read back through this thread you would see that I was referring to something I had posted about getting stairgates fitted to my own staircase to stop my daughter falling down the stairs and hurting herself. I have never before quoted or even referred to anything you have said and would be thankful if you get all of your facts straight before speaking to me like that again.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:44 pm
Concierge

Take a pill, if you read back through this thread you would see that I was referring to something I had posted about getting stairgates fitted to my own staircase to stop my daughter falling down the stairs and hurting herself. I have never before quoted or even referred to anything you have said and would be thankful if you get all of your facts straight before speaking to me like that again.
misunderstanding Cherry maybe you need the chill pill
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

misunderstanding Cherry maybe you need the chill pill
Yeah, maybe you're right.