British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   A+E in Abu Dhabi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/e-abu-dhabi-553424/)

arbroath_abroad Aug 5th 2008 4:59 pm

A+E in Abu Dhabi

Does anyone know what the best (and nearest) A+E to Mangrove is in AD?

Had a scare yesterday and we got caught a bit unprepared...went to Khalifa Hospital off 11th Street in Karama which i must admit was really good with babies, and i wouldnt hesitate if heaven forbid we had to go again, but i would like to know about other recommends

thanks

twinkle-star Aug 5th 2008 5:02 pm

Re: A+E in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6648259)
Does anyone know what the best (and nearest) A+E to Mangrove is in AD?

Had a scare yesterday and we got caught a bit unprepared...went to Khalifa Hospital off 11th Street in Karama which i must admit was really good with babies, and i wouldnt hesitate if heaven forbid we had to go again, but i would like to know about other recommends

thanks

Youre out in the sticks there!:lol:
Gulf medical are good and alnoor hospital.
so ive been told??:blink:

weescot Aug 5th 2008 7:06 pm

I must admit when I saw the thread title I thought "this can't be - a Scotsman that doesn't know where the buy booze"...

I'll ask around at work tomorrow for you.

busybee2 Aug 5th 2008 9:28 pm

go to the new al noor hospital up by car4 on airport road, or gulf diagnostic on 30th st.

arbroath_abroad Aug 6th 2008 3:52 am

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6649140)
go to the new al noor hospital up by car4 on airport road, or gulf diagnostic on 30th st.

Our GP and Pead is at Gulf Diagnostic, but we were unsure in the rush and panic if they actually had an A&E there?

So you are confirming that they do? as that is by far the nearest..

Black Eyed Susan Aug 6th 2008 4:58 am

I used the new Al Noor on Airport Road a fortnight ago when I rolled my car, the A&E service was fantastic, I was in with a Dr in less than 5 mins, off to Xray instantly, back with the Dr, and sent home with my arm bandaged and medication, all in all, the service I could not fault, and I would go back there again.

arbroath_abroad Aug 6th 2008 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Black Eyed Susan (Post 6650174)
I used the new Al Noor on Airport Road a fortnight ago when I rolled my car, the A&E service was fantastic, I was in with a Dr in less than 5 mins, off to Xray instantly, back with the Dr, and sent home with my arm bandaged and medication, all in all, the service I could not fault, and I would go back there again.

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the info. The Khalifa hospital was ok, as we brought in a baby they took us straight in to see the nurse, however our priority was lowered when a local came in with his son who had a little cut on his finger..

That said, when we saw the doctor he was really good and gave us the reassurance we were seeking etc.

busybee2 Aug 7th 2008 1:02 am

yes gulf diagnostic is actually a hospital as well as clinics, the clinic entrance are on 30th st, the hospital which has a&e is on the 'backside' of the building with ambulances et all. The new al noor would be your best place in a real emergency closest to mangrove and as its new you would have the place to yourself. the problem with SKMC because its a 'local only' hospital apart from an emergency but what counts as an emergency is any bodies guess, because they have i have heard sent people away on occasions, sometimes with bleeding injuries, to me is an emergency so it would depend as in AD the person on the day! you dont really want to be sent away and waste time.

Blue Cat Aug 7th 2008 9:08 am

AA is she ok? :(

Amazing Grace Aug 7th 2008 11:50 am

Always trust your gut instict always...I hope baby S is okay now :wub:

arbroath_abroad Aug 7th 2008 12:41 pm

yea all is fine...marble stairs and babies are not a good combination....

Blue Cat Aug 7th 2008 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6655072)
yea all is fine...marble stairs and babies are not a good combination....

and that was one of the main reasons I gave up my villa, I couldn't sleep at night for thinking about the marble staircase :)

cherrypie1 Aug 7th 2008 6:44 pm

AA sorry to hear about your baby, hope she is okay. This has just confirmed to me that I need to get stairgates fitted.

Madam Medusa Aug 7th 2008 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by cherrypie1 (Post 6656134)
AA sorry to hear about your baby, hope she is okay. This has just confirmed to me that I need to get stairgates fitted.

i never did any babyproofing in my house...if you do, you're just shit scared when you go anywhere else...mine both lived to tell the tale...

MM, xx

cherrypie1 Aug 7th 2008 8:52 pm

I understand what you're saying but I have 4 children and only one pair of eyes. My youngest loves to follow her brothers around and climb stairs, etc but she's only 1 and can't get back down again, I think I'd feel better knowing that she can't get up there in the first place.

Can anyone tell me, is Al Noor the nearest A+E for Khalifa A as well, just in case, hopefully we will never need it.