Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai - where should i live?

Dubai - where should i live?

Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:46 am
Just Joined

yeldud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai - where should i live?

thanks all.
Yes, it is early days - always get a bit over-exuberant, but wanted to work out as much as possible before considering continuing the dialogue.
As for 'cold' pools at the turn of the year, i swim off the beach in Scotland 'sans wetsuit' for 4 months a year, so there is no such thing as a cold pool!

seems our biggest dilemma is the dog!
don't want to subject him to plane travel or the heat, and at 10, we'll maybe not see him again if we leave him behind.

I'll be back to pester everyone if things get serious

cheers
yeldud
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by yeldud
thanks all.
Yes, it is early days - always get a bit over-exuberant, but wanted to work out as much as possible before considering continuing the dialogue.
As for 'cold' pools at the turn of the year, i swim off the beach in Scotland 'sans wetsuit' for 4 months a year, so there is no such thing as a cold pool!

don't want to subject him to plane travel or the heat, and at 10, we'll maybe not see him again if we leave him behind.

cheers
yeldud
Put it down.

Don't let an animal stop you from something much more exciting than they can offer.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't find your posts particularly useful or interesting.

Let's put you down.

Originally Posted by Scamp
Put it down.

Don't let an animal stop you from something much more exciting than they can offer.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bring the bugger to Dubai.

He's old enough to spend most of his time sleeping on the cool tile floors in whatever villa or flat you end up in. He'll be fine.

thanks all.

cheers
yeldud
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I don't find your posts particularly useful or interesting.

Let's put you down.
Actually it's a valid option, albeit quite short and sharp.

A 10yr old dog is pretty old, and depending what breed it might not enjoy the heat / survive the heat.

If you won't get to see it again then would you want to put it in a kennel / give it away?

How much would it cost to bring a dog here, how long would you be without it?

What if you hate it and want to turn back around, putting kids and wife on a plane is easy, but the dog as well?

What does a vet cost out here if it gets ill / gets too old / struggles with the heat?

Now, back in your box you miserable old bastard.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

yeldud is an unknown quantity at this point

it'll not be put down.

It would go to my folks, or my brother if it stayed here.

He may be ten, but he can still clear a 5 strand barbed wire fence and swim for an hour in the sea.
There's life in the old dog yet, as they say.

That said, he's a shaggy bugger, so the heat will not be a favourite

thanks for the interesting advice, though.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

it'll not be put down.

It would go to my folks, or my brother if it stayed here.

He may be ten, but he can still clear a 5 strand barbed wire fence and swim for an hour in the sea.
There's life in the old dog yet, as they say.

That said, he's a shaggy bugger, so the heat will not be a favourite

thanks for the interesting advice, though.
It wasn't meant to be a brutal, cut his head off and chuck the body of a cliff bit of advice...just some family friends moved and put their dog in a home when he was old, died about 6 months later and can't have had too much fun in the meantime.

If you give it to family etc then at least it'll be looked after
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeldud,

My parents are looking for a dog- well I want them to have a dog as my two died 2 years ago and my dad says he won't get a new one unless one is left on the doorstep- so can you leave him on my parents doorstep please- they would love him/her lots and give him/her a lovely home. Please please please?

Does having a pool in your building count as having your own pool? theres hardly ever anyone else in it...
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Yeldud,
Does having a pool in your building count as having your own pool? theres hardly ever anyone else in it...
No
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

so it is!
Office is in Al Satwa area.
Does this help?
I lived in al Qusais and in al Barsha. My work was all over Dubai and I was driving about all day. If you will only be going to Al Satwa, you are spoiled for choice because there are many nice places, including Bur Dubai near Spinneys, Oud metha and of course Northern Jumeira near Safa Park....but I enjoyed it a lot when I was in Barsha but the traffic was a b*tch. Try to be in a nice building with nice residents, some of the best buildings have pools on the roof.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 8:02 pm
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

difc was my choice, exactly liberty house. Duplex two pools gym yacuzzi etc. AND DOGS ALLOWED!!!

Form there you have plenty of places for your dog !!

But still Dubai isnt a real dog frinedly place.