Reload this Page >

Dubai vs Abu Dhabi vs Qatar

Dubai vs Abu Dhabi vs Qatar

Old Aug 17th 2014, 8:58 am
Just Joined

baylissboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai vs Abu Dhabi vs Qatar

Originally Posted by Meow
In terms of options and things to do there is more in Dubai and housing is still a little cheaper than AD. Note that Dubai and Abu Dhabi are in the same country, just different emirates in the UAE.

There are more schools in Dubai, but quality of life will depend on your salary package, your attitude and what you make of it. The ME is certainly different from Malaysia or SNG, so it would be best to do a recce is you can before making a big decision.
Thanks!
Old Aug 17th 2014, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the info folks. Much appreciated!
Old Aug 18th 2014, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

EastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud ofEastWest has much to be proud of

My 2 cents, if you consider Qatar think about schools. you said you have 2 kids. Getting kids into good schools here is too difficult and too expensive.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

I think we've pretty much decided on Abu Dhabi - just need the actual contract to be issued. Sigh...
Old Nov 10th 2014, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Jimmy B is an unknown quantity at this point

I currently live in Abu Dhabi and think you have made the right choice. If you have kids Abu Dhabi is much easier to get around and has everything you could possibly need to keep them entertained, with the added bonus Dubai is only an hours drive if you want a day out there.

Dubai is more lively than Abu Dhabi but with that comes all the traffic problems!!
Old Nov 11th 2014, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jimmy B
I currently live in Abu Dhabi and think you have made the right choice. If you have kids Abu Dhabi is much easier to get around and has everything you could possibly need to keep them entertained, with the added bonus Dubai is only an hours drive if you want a day out there.

Dubai is more lively than Abu Dhabi but with that comes all the traffic problems!!
I've only been in Dubai for a two week holiday a couple of years ago. Everyone on this forum seems to complain about the traffic. When I was there I used the elevated metro thingy every day and found it to be great. Does nobody here use it to commute to work or are the residential / work places not on the route ?
Old Nov 15th 2014, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yep but getting those aged kids into auh schs very difficult