Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai or Singapore

Dubai or Singapore

Old May 18th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Mullet is a jewel in the roughMullet is a jewel in the roughMullet is a jewel in the roughMullet is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dubai or Singapore

Maybe it was the use of the phrase "married to a Thai wife" that inspired the joke, don't take things too seriously............
Old May 19th 2010, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mullet
Maybe it was the use of the phrase "married to a Thai wife" that inspired the joke, don't take things too seriously............
yeah okay....no hard feelings....i am not a great fan of PC anyway....
Old May 19th 2010, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

Mullet is a jewel in the roughMullet is a jewel in the roughMullet is a jewel in the roughMullet is a jewel in the rough

Haha, I think just saying "woman" can be enough, unless of course your Arabic then you can say "women".
Old May 19th 2010, 11:49 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Some people moan about freedom of speech in Singapore but I'll bet real money you kiss your wife or girlfriend at some romantic spot overlooking the city you won't go to jail for your efforts.

Am sure holding hands won't get you imprisoned either...

I wonder if co-habiting and consensual adult sex is illegal in Singapore?

N.

PS: You may have noticed all my points are sexual in nature...this is by design - I only comment on the important things in life
Old May 19th 2010, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

PS: You may have noticed all my points are sexual in nature...this is by design - I only comment on the important things in life

So the important things in life are sex and the Daily Mail?
Old May 19th 2010, 12:11 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
Aaah this kind of comment annoys me. My "Asian babe" wife is as well educated as me, and was earning more money (net) than me when we met.

Of course, Dubai put her career on ice, hopefully only temporarily
Yes we should take things too seriously but it does seem rather presumptious and rude to ask if your Mrs was a mail order bride because she's Thai...in fact where I come from making untowards comments about someone's wife is generally fighting talk.

It's amazing how big some people's balls grow when hiding behind a keyboard

N.
Old May 19th 2010, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

samSG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Some people moan about freedom of speech in Singapore but I'll bet real money you kiss your wife or girlfriend at some romantic spot overlooking the city you won't go to jail for your efforts.

Am sure holding hands won't get you imprisoned either...

I wonder if co-habiting and consensual adult sex is illegal in Singapore?

N.

if u want a serious relationship don't worry, the girl's family won't be hunting you down to lob your head off.

if u want something more casual then there is much variety to choose from!
Old May 19th 2010, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mullet
So the important things in life are sex and the Daily Mail?
Nope, the important things in life are family, sex, decent booze and good friends.

I don't read the Daily Mail or any other newspaper...I get all my news from the internet and factual places like Britishexpats.com

N.
Old May 19th 2010, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by samSG
if u want a serious relationship don't worry, the girl's family won't be hunting you down to lob your head off.

if u want something more casual then there is much variety to choose from!
My point exactly...in Dubai there are laws prohibiting sex outside of marriage and marriage between non-Muslim men and Muslim women...there are also laws which basically prohibit kissing and hold hands in public which are sometimes enforced (usually when some miserable sod with nothing better to do complains about other humans showing affection).

N.