Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai police NOC for AD alcohol licence??

Dubai police NOC for AD alcohol licence??

Old Aug 2nd 2018, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold
Default Dubai police NOC for AD alcohol licence??

Pretty much as per the title... anyone know how/where one gets a Dubai police NOC for an Abu Dhabi alcohol licence? (My visa is now with Dubai, but I still live in Abu Dhabi, and on renewing my licence they told me I need this NOC.).
thanks!
Old Aug 2nd 2018, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai police NOC for AD alcohol licence??

Originally Posted by archie159
Pretty much as per the title... anyone know how/where one gets a Dubai police NOC for an Abu Dhabi alcohol licence? (My visa is now with Dubai, but I still live in Abu Dhabi, and on renewing my licence they told me I need this NOC.).
thanks!
I checked into this ages ago and was told it's the police station next to DXB. I gave up in the end and just one of the shops that don't ask for the license in AUH!
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I checked into this ages ago and was told it's the police station next to DXB. I gave up in the end and just one of the shops that don't ask for the license in AUH!
Why did you give up - was that police station not being helpful? I'll be doing a rare trip to Dubai tomorrow, so might investigate (if I can find the station you mention).
Old Aug 7th 2018, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

a word of advice. As an expat don't go drinking or booze shopping without an alc. Licence. I've known booze shops that don't request to see your licence when you come out the police nab you.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bestvue
a word of advice. As an expat don't go drinking or booze shopping without an alc. Licence. I've known booze shops that don't request to see your licence when you come out the police nab you.
Where/when and to whom has this happened? I have lived here for 12 years and do not know of anyone nor heard the rumors nabbed at a booze shop coming out of a pub.
Old Aug 7th 2018, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Originally Posted by reddiva
Where/when and to whom has this happened? I have lived here for 12 years and do not know of anyone nor heard the rumors nabbed at a booze shop coming out of a pub.
up to you mate. I don't know anything only been in AUH 30 years. My advice is don't go out without a booze licence in your pocket.
just seen this...
Place arrested: Dubai
Reason: ...........,and drinking without a licence

Last edited by bestvue; Aug 7th 2018 at 10:53 am.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by archie159
Why did you give up
spent enough time on the phone chasing it up, getting conflicting information every time, etc, etc. went to Jebel Ali police station to ask about it was told it's the one next to the airport that issues them, I think he mentioned Terminal 2, but I could have made that up.
Old Aug 8th 2018, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

spent enough time on the phone chasing it up, getting conflicting information every time, etc, etc. went to Jebel Ali police station to ask about it was told it's the one next to the airport that issues them, I think he mentioned Terminal 2, but I could have made that up.
Thanks.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a really revolutionary idea - try an alcohol-free life !
Old Aug 10th 2018, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

sorry to hijack....i have opposite problem.

Anyone know where in AD can i get NOC from AD police?

I live in Dubai, but have AD residence visa...