British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dubai police NOC for AD alcohol licence?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-police-noc-ad-alcohol-licence-915598/)

archie159 Aug 2nd 2018 11:36 am

Dubai police NOC for AD alcohol licence??

Pretty much as per the title... anyone know how/where one gets a Dubai police NOC for an Abu Dhabi alcohol licence? (My visa is now with Dubai, but I still live in Abu Dhabi, and on renewing my licence they told me I need this NOC.).
thanks!

Brains1983 Aug 2nd 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Dubai police NOC for AD alcohol licence??

Originally Posted by archie159 (Post 12542195)
Pretty much as per the title... anyone know how/where one gets a Dubai police NOC for an Abu Dhabi alcohol licence? (My visa is now with Dubai, but I still live in Abu Dhabi, and on renewing my licence they told me I need this NOC.).
thanks!

I checked into this ages ago and was told it's the police station next to DXB. I gave up in the end and just one of the shops that don't ask for the license in AUH!

archie159 Aug 7th 2018 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 12542237)
I checked into this ages ago and was told it's the police station next to DXB. I gave up in the end and just one of the shops that don't ask for the license in AUH!

Why did you give up - was that police station not being helpful? I'll be doing a rare trip to Dubai tomorrow, so might investigate (if I can find the station you mention).

bestvue Aug 7th 2018 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 12542237)

a word of advice. As an expat don't go drinking or booze shopping without an alc. Licence. I've known booze shops that don't request to see your licence when you come out the police nab you.

reddiva Aug 7th 2018 9:32 am

Originally Posted by bestvue (Post 12544281)
a word of advice. As an expat don't go drinking or booze shopping without an alc. Licence. I've known booze shops that don't request to see your licence when you come out the police nab you.

Where/when and to whom has this happened? I have lived here for 12 years and do not know of anyone nor heard the rumors nabbed at a booze shop coming out of a pub.

bestvue Aug 7th 2018 10:27 am

Originally Posted by reddiva (Post 12544302)
Where/when and to whom has this happened? I have lived here for 12 years and do not know of anyone nor heard the rumors nabbed at a booze shop coming out of a pub.

up to you mate. I don't know anything only been in AUH 30 years. My advice is don't go out without a booze licence in your pocket.
just seen this...
Place arrested: Dubai
Reason: ...........,and drinking without a licence

Brains1983 Aug 8th 2018 6:20 am

Originally Posted by archie159 (Post 12544277)
Why did you give up

spent enough time on the phone chasing it up, getting conflicting information every time, etc, etc. went to Jebel Ali police station to ask about it was told it's the one next to the airport that issues them, I think he mentioned Terminal 2, but I could have made that up.

archie159 Aug 8th 2018 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 12544819)
spent enough time on the phone chasing it up, getting conflicting information every time, etc, etc. went to Jebel Ali police station to ask about it was told it's the one next to the airport that issues them, I think he mentioned Terminal 2, but I could have made that up.

Thanks.

scot47 Aug 10th 2018 6:22 pm

Here is a really revolutionary idea - try an alcohol-free life !

flood2 Aug 10th 2018 7:20 pm

sorry to hijack....i have opposite problem.

Anyone know where in AD can i get NOC from AD police?

I live in Dubai, but have AD residence visa...